If the Dancer Dances Reviews

• May 05, 2019

Incredibly insightful look at the heritage and preservation of dance. A poignant discussion of dance and dance education by renowned dancers and choreographers. Beautifully edited too.

• May 02, 2019

Amazing film about transmission and the creative process.

Amazing film about transmission and the creative process.

• Apr 30, 2019

One of the best dance films I have ever seen, and THE best film I have ever seen about the process of creating -- or in this case, re-creating a dance. This is a must-see movie for all true dance lovers. It is beautiful, serious, and human.

• Apr 30, 2019

i'm not a dance person but i LOVED this film! maia wechsler is a great storyteller who provides us with an incredible look behind the curtain at the work that goes into making art.

• Apr 29, 2019

fascinating, beautifully made and edited, this film is not just about dance, even as it provides incredible insight into the nature of dance and how it is communicated. If the Dancer Dances also tells a compelling story that will catch up even the dance neophyte in its suspense and beauty.