If These Walls Could Talk Reviews

• Apr 30, 2019

lots of "time jumps" in this ffilm, I watch it without knowing it skips to seperate storys and at first I was confused but after a while understood the familys do not connect but their stories do. I felt invested in some stories and didn't want them to skip to the next but the film overall was good, it focuses on a touchy subject explaining personal issue and growth with such a hard decision for women to make. also the movie has cher so.. im biased, she is amazing.

• Sep 18, 2017

• Aug 15, 2014

Review: I quite enjoyed this deep, emotional drama which is set from the 50's to the 90's about 3 different women, Demi Moore, Sissy Spacek and Anne Heche, who all have problems concerning abortion. The first story, which stars Demi Mooore, is the most emotional out of the 3 because it was illegal to have an abortion during the 50's. Demi Moore's performance was brilliant and extremely real. It's a shame that you don't see the outcome of the first story, but it a very well written storyline that will definitely touch the heart. The second story, which is based in the 70's is starring Sissy Spacek as a house wife and a mother of 4 who struggles to have any time for herself because of her hectic lifestyle. When she finds out that she is pregnant, she has to make the difficult decision if to keep or abort the baby. This is another powerful drama that was very well made. The acting by all of the cast was great, along with the storyline which was also, emotional. The third an final storyline which is set in the 90's is starring Anne Heche as teenager who gets pregnant by a married man. She also has to make the decision if to keep or abort the baby, but she gets help from her close friend Jada Pinkett Smith, and the nurses at the clinic. This was also an emotional piece, which stars Cher as a nurse. In all, the whole movie is a right eye opener that was a great watch. Emotional!  Round-Up: This movie came out when Demi Moore and Cher were in the spotlight and extremely popular. As this movie was an HBO special, it didn't get a major realease in the cinemas, but it was talked about at the time. Personally, I hadn't heard of the movie, but I'm glad that I added it to my rental list because it was a great watch. The fact that the whole film is based around the same house was cleverly done by the director and the delicate subject matter was dealt with in a sympathetic and thoughtful way. Although the movie came out in the 90's, it doesn't seem dated or out of touch with matters of this day and age which is why it's worth watching. I recommend this movie to people who are into there extremely emotional dramas about 3 stories based on abortion which takes place over the years in the same house. 7/10

• Jun 05, 2014

brilliant all tha way

brilliant all tha way

• Jun 12, 2013

I was surprised that this film showed both sides of the abortion issue. While I consider myself pro choice I don't feel especially passionate about the issue so the same goes with the movie. Surprisingly the first story with Demi Moore was the best and most harrowing of the bunch. The one with Sissy Spacek was the most objective but also boring. The third with anne Heche and Cher and her pleated pants was a bit too over the top for me to get behind.

• Oct 09, 2012

Gripping. Informative. Rich. Intense.

Gripping. Informative. Rich. Intense.

• May 03, 2012

Cher's performance is just great.

Cher's performance is just great.

• Apr 01, 2012

I really didn't think I would like this, but it is surprisingly good. Demi Moore and Cher are just great! It made me cry.

• Mar 31, 2012

loved it! very real no sugar coating!

loved it! very real no sugar coating!

• Feb 16, 2012

watched the first and the second woman omg scars on my life so disturbing bloody mess did she die? knitting needles what was she thinking kevin was cute and hot though painful second woman boring so many kids to handle or lack there of finished the movie third woman interesting pretty abortion protests so intense omg the abortion doctor got shot so violent by crazy guy religious christians lol so clingy and odd