If These Walls Could Talk 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

If These Walls Could Talk 2 Reviews

½ August 22, 2014
The first movie that came out in 1996, was much better than this one. The director didn't really give an in depth look into being a lesbian and the controversy that surrounded over the years. That's why the first movie in this franchise was much better. Anyway, the acting from the all star cast was average, except for Sharon Stone and Ellen who really did look like a real life couple. I found 3 separate storyline's, quite boring and unfinished. The first storyline, which dealt with the lost of a loves one, was the most enjoyable out of the 3 because of the emotion that was shown by Vanessa Redgrave, but the other 3 didn't really go anywhere. I was really disappointed with this film because I enjoyed the first instalment so my expectations were high, but it it watchable if your into your emotional dramas. Average!

Out of all of the characters in this movie, Vanessa Redgrave stole the screen with her interpretation of losing her partner who she had lived with for many years. As they were an elderly couple in the 1960's, they never showed there affection for each other publicly which meant that they had to keep there relationship behind closed doors. The next story which us about a radical teenager who falls in love with a girl who dresses up as a boy, was a basic love story based in the 70's. The final segment is about Sharon Stone trying to fall pregnant by sperm donors and how it effects her partner, Ellen. This story was quite emotional and the chemistry between the two was quite realistic. The whole movie was an eye opener but I did expect  ore of an intense drama.

I recommend this movie to people who are into there emotional dramas about 3 different stories about lesbian relationships. 5/10
December 12, 2013
Emotional, moving and realistic of the times depicted. Recommend for everyone, Gay and Straight, young and old.
½ December 2, 2013
A lesbian yawn-fest.
½ June 11, 2013
Three stories. All about lesbians during different time periods. The modern one with Sharon Stone and Ellen was the least compelling. Perhaps it feels a little dated since women couples are having children much more easily than they were in 2000. The second one is set in the 70s during feminism and the sexual revolution. Chloe Sevingy and Michelle Williams play a new couple and let's just say they should be a couple in real life because they have smoking chemistry. But the best story was the first. It takes place in the 1950s and Vanessa Redgrave plays a woman who loses her female partner and then less everything except her memory. Redgrave gives one of the best performances I've seen in some time. She doesn't speak too much but does so much heartbreaking acting with her face and body. She devastated me. It is well worth watching for the first story.
March 31, 2013
A wonderful way of showing the changes in time and thoughts in society
½ March 8, 2013
The first segment is the best out of three, thanks to Vanessa Redgrave's powerful but yet touching performance. I also love Chloe Sevigni and Michelle Williams's segment (I kinda wish they'd made this into it's own feature movie as I really interest in their story). The third one was the weakest one, not bad but not as great as the other two.
December 27, 2012
I loved the chemistry between Ellen and Sharon Stone. It was a pretty good sex scene.
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
October 11, 2012
Love this movie!!!!!!
October 6, 2012
i think it's a great movie
September 19, 2012
I almost wish that I could rate the three stories separately, because the first would without a doubt be a five star rating and is the best in the film. Vanessa Redgrave is amazing and heartbreaking.
August 24, 2012
i am a lesbian so i can relate
April 12, 2012
i love this movie ... wish i could download it
½ April 10, 2012
sad, sexy, and humorous are three words that come to mind when talking of this wonderful film and its three delightful segments. HBO brings another original masterpiece to the masses
April 7, 2012
One of my favorite Lesbian movies
½ March 14, 2012
I did really enjoy this trilogy of lesbian shorts, but it lacks depth to the groundbreak 'If These Walls Could Talk'. Vanessa Redgrave's story is unbelievably touching. The problem is that although the other two stories contain good ideas they lack as much depth or feeling.
½ January 28, 2012
the first story was heartwrenching, standby 'em kleenex. vanessa redgrave was nothing short of terrific, the scene of her sobbing violently in bed would tear your gut out. the last installment directed by anne heche was uplifting , warm and darn funny. sharon stone and ellen had such great chemistry, they were a joy to watch.
½ January 8, 2012
great cast ,and movie too
½ November 19, 2011
Very powerful stories, especially the first storyline with Vanessa Redgrave. I enjoyed the first movie more than this sequel, but this one too had emotional stories and solid acting.
½ October 10, 2011
Sevigny performance is pretty good. The part directed by Degeneres is the funniest but lack depth. I believe the first part managed to let us feel the difficult situation in which the main character is in.