If You Are the One (Fei Cheng Wu Rao) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

If You Are the One (Fei Cheng Wu Rao) Reviews

November 21, 2015
Smart dialog, witty, funny, satirical and funny situations and strong performances,esp. by the charismatic Ge You..
½ March 8, 2014
Quite funny. I enjoyed the series of bad dates he meets through the personals ad.
The little trip to Japan in the middle was also a highlight. I loved the four sisters scene.
It does turn a little more serious and less funny after this part, but it's entertaining and doesn't wear out it's welcome even though it's over 2 hours long.
I have also got part 2 on the HD to watch as both were shown on TV within a week of each other.
½ February 15, 2014
Very Hollywood constructed only by replacing with Chinese own ingredients. The thing is, it is so over-boiled, even hard-boiled sometimes.
November 28, 2013
..jodoh gak kemana-mana...
September 22, 2013
This is a surprisingly nice romantic number... gotta love the personal ad!
PantaOz
½ July 7, 2013
English name of the movie 非诚勿扰(literally "if not sincere, do not disturb") is If You Are the One and this romantic comedy directed by Feng Xiaogang is starring very popular Ge You and Shu Qi. This is one of Feng's top grossing films to date, and has earned over 364 million (US$53.7 million) at the box office. This story is following basic romantic comedy pattern but it is still fun to follow Qin Fen (Ge) who returns to China in his late forties after many years overseas. Almost a failure because he didn't earn any type of degree while he was overseas, he has an amazing skill to convince others. Using this skill he becomes a multimillionaire after selling an "innovative invention" to a high-profile foolish investor (Fan). With his new fortune, Qin decides to put an end to his bachelor life and advertises online for potential partners to apply "if you are the one", that is, only if they are sincere.

Ironic observational comedies are Feng's speciality and this one is no exception! Funny encounters are various as the candidates, from a homosexual former friend, a cemetery saleswoman with a thick south-Chinese accent, a pathological amnesiac, an ethnic minority pecking hen, an erotophobic widow, an expectant single mother (Hsu), and a stock-holding trader... the serious part starts when he crosses paths with air stewardess Liang Xiaoxiao (Shu), who previously had a painful love affair with a married man (Fong). But they became friends... what are the chances for more?

If you want to enjoy a movie full with airy playfulness, filled with unreserved energy delivering us the predictable romance, this is the one! You will be unembarrassed having a pleasure enjoying the obvious. Master Feng proves that is possible to make a movie with a formula, bringing the formula to vivid life!
½ May 28, 2012
A sweet cynical and touching tale about the pragmatic search for love against the economic upheavals of the time.
½ May 27, 2012
覺~ 3/4?人? 1/4?令人 (C)?' 3/4... 1/4???人"'>,,
''-? 1/4,貴 1/4?<>, 3/4 1/4?, ?誠<" 3/4,
½ April 13, 2012
acting was superb, movie was funny and entertaining. however thought the script towards the end was lacking and the plot twist uncalled for there it did not seem believable
April 5, 2012
REMINDED ME OF A CHINESE 'WOODY ALLEN' LOOKING AT LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS WITH MIXED RESULTS
½ February 19, 2012
A nice film that draws in the audience with charms and beauty. A surprise find for me because it was on loan from the library. The film tells a good story of life and chance and fate. Reminds me of our lifes as floating lilies in the vast ocean... It's beatifully done, not just the interactions between the characters but the setting of the backdrops. I am looking forward to watching the sequel...
½ December 27, 2011
Love comedy, touching.
July 19, 2011
Some Beijing local dialog is really interesting, but the storyline of this film is really bad, there is too many better actors in Beijing, Ge You's acting always shows a little bit dull, I don't like him.
½ June 5, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised by how engaging this movie was, although the 2nd half was a bit too slow for my liking..

This movie showed the reality of finding Mr/Ms Right, and how we seem to want the one we can't have and lose sight of the one we already have..
March 28, 2011
simple, fresh & resonant : ) an impressive love story....
terris85017
March 5, 2011
Middle-aged bachelor in China...
March 4, 2011
Impressive...every dialogue is well designed. 1/4 (C)? 3/4
One looks for marriage, one looks for a relationship that can cure her broken heart. Very well directed.
February 26, 2011
Should have watched this much earlier - what an interesting, funny and well-acted movie from mainland China - apart from the music (yes... still sucks big time) you wouldn't feel a thing it's a movie produced in China. Great one and make me wanna watch the sequel
½ February 24, 2011
'任 1/2 3/4...,? 1/2<,-歡裡? 1/2~'人人
bbcfloridabound
February 21, 2011
A film from China, and I must say I was very impressed with the storyline and acting. About a Chinese Man looking for a wife, he puts a classified online looking for a wife, he searches all of China meeting women for a blind date to seek his mate. Will not revel anymore, yes a chick flick but could be enjoyed by that husband or dating man your spending your weekends and nights with, make sure you have the remote. 4 Stars