Il Postino: The Postman (Il Postino) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Il Postino: The Postman (Il Postino) Reviews

November 9, 2017
Tra i film italiani più profondi, belli e poetici che io abbia visto finora, un piccolo gioiello che eleva il lavoro artistico di Massimo Troisi a livelli che in pochi riescono a raggiungere. Il suo personaggio è semplicemente incredibile: caratterizzato alla perfezione riesce ad emozionarci e coinvolgerci in tutte le scene in cui è presente, con un lavoro sulla recitazione davvero fuori dal comune. Il film in generale è scritto con un tocco genuino e realistico, che emoziona grazie alla semplicità poetica che viene mostrata da tutti gli attori. Nel complesso è un'esperienza poetica delicata e toccante, un film che merita di essere ricordato come uno dei migliori italiani degli ultimi decenni.
July 21, 2017
A clumsy, stupid plot that can't decide if it wants to be a romantic comedy or a political drama and meets somewhere in a painfully awkward middle. More eye-roll-worthy than unintentionally funny. It doesn't help that Massimo Troisi has a flat-out bizarre speech pattern.
½ June 23, 2017
Pablo Neruda n?n italya daki sürgününde postac? ile arkada?l?g? ve onu olumlu etkiledi?ini anlatan film. Meyhabeneki hatuna a?k?n? anlat?yor genc postac?n?n..
½ December 8, 2016
Movie moves slow and at time can be tedious and plain reflecting the beautiful but simple life of the island and its people. Yet like the people of the island the film starts to grow on you between the slight humor and beauty. The movie revolves around the main character- a genuine but ingenue man named mario. Though he is poorly educated and unworldly he seems to understand that there is more out there thAn his island partly due to his new poet friend. mario starts to get an understanding on life in movie with his newfound political beliefs and in his friendship that helps him win his wife. He wants the same thing most humans want to be treated fairly by his govt, have a job, have a beautiful wife, and stop being taken advantage of. For gods sake the ppl on the island couldnt even have running water. The film has a sad ending and apparently the leading actor also died in real life shortly after filming. While it touched on a lot and i enjoyed the characters esp the poet and mario, it left me wanting more and at times thinking the film was trying too hard esp with all that poetry.
October 13, 2016
Well-scored, beautiful tribute to nature and poetry.
July 30, 2016
Il postino is a rare gem. In terms of romantic movies in foreign cinema, this is one of the best, closely sitting alongside "Cinema Paradiso" in it's feel. Don't miss it.
July 4, 2016
A story of the things that really matter in life.
November 30, 2015
wonderful film, I will never tire of it......
November 19, 2015
It's almost too sweet, and not subtle at all... but it's a perfect crowd pleaser, romantic and earnest, a film from a forgotten era of film-making. I kind of loved it.
September 15, 2015
the act of (Massimo Troisi) killed me and the movie one of the great movie i'm seen
July 5, 2015
One of the best films. Ever.
May 30, 2015
Heartbreaking. This is a very simple movie but Trossi gives an incredible performance.
May 23, 2015
A brilliant romantic film that is so charming and beautiful and irresistible that you come away with the love of Pablo Neruda Poetry and a bond that poetry and friendship brings you together and how the power of words can affect you and your life. Just Brilliant!
½ May 13, 2015
Such a beautiful love story of a Postman..Love the location and especially the music...
½ April 4, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed this and I didn't think I would. I'm not much into Romance, poetry, or Italian films but this was special. You really share the emotions with the postie and are 100% routing for the lad all the way through. It's a nice little story set in a beautiful part of the world with plenty of amusing moments thrown in.
April 2, 2015
Eastfield College will be showing this film today @12:30. I've never seen it, but love Neruda's poetry. Let's see if I can leave my office at Paul Quinn College in time to make it to Mesquite for this treat.
December 24, 2014
Pure poetic, pure Italian!
September 27, 2014
Lovely, heart warming film, that touches many areas of the heart. I always prefer world cinema over modern films anyway and this film reminded me once again why I do. Beautiful locations, great acting, lovely story and as a writer myself, i connected with it.
½ September 27, 2014
Engrossing character study about two men and their connections to two separate women, as well as the poetry that forms the core of their own friendship... Burning Patience--A heart-warming friendship and the beauty of being simplistic... A Very Special Delivery!!