I'll Do Anything - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'll Do Anything Reviews

½ December 30, 2014
Slow... hard to follow... bratty kid is hard to tolerate... Not recommended.
½ September 5, 2014
It's a miracle this film is even watchable, given the redaction and replacement of its musical numbers. Julie Kavner and Albert Brooks are great in a subplot, but the film overall is just kind of meh.
½ June 17, 2014
One of my favorite movies ever
½ February 8, 2013
Tiresome father daughter relationship story in the main, although there is a second relationship sub-plot that could be viewed as more interesting. The film means well though and is also a decent parody of the film industry.
August 27, 2012
With Prince's songs put back in.
March 31, 2012
Another one I loved from back in 94. The little actress is too cute. I laughed and cried, it is just good stuff.
May 3, 2011
At first I found this light hearted comedy to be fun and cheerful, then I realized how horrible this little girl really is, and how one demential the whole cast was. There is nothing really fun about this movie, of course it does have its moments where you get a little teary eyed and say awww, but those moments are then quickly overshadowed by the screaming of this little girl, or the odd side story with the secretary and Hobbs. Overall uninteresting rather annoying and a waste of time; I'll do anything to not watch this again.
½ March 1, 2011
A big, messy passion-project of a movie in which James L. Brooks is all but yelling "I have a lot of feelings!" at the audience. The Hollywood satire stuff is shrill and self-gratifying, but I was eventually won over by sheer force or possibly Stockholm syndrome. There are too many good lines and interesting characters to dismiss here, and it's worth sitting through just for Julie Kavner getting all the good lines and that kind of amazing child actress. I'd love to see the original cut of the movie, which was apparently a musical featuring original songs by Carole King, Prince, and Sinead O'Connor. Afterthought: I wonder how bummed James L. Brooks was by the eventual, actual remake of "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town"?
½ July 1, 2010
Would have been better if they had kept it as a musical...
½ September 1, 2009
i watch this as often as i can.. it is a tenderly sweet movie.
½ June 27, 2009
I don't usually go for films about Hollywood, unless they're by Preston Sturges. This one worked for me, though, just because it seemed so unlike the real place in that the people who populate it are compassionate, honest, and feeling. I have no firsthand experience with the movie business, nor do I want any. Albert Brooks and Julie Kavner particularly stood out. Uneven at times, but recommended.
April 14, 2009
not terrible... the little girl really grated on me... good supporting cast Ian McKellen had like 2 lines same with Anne Heche and Harry Shearer... random.
September 27, 2008
When you make a musical and then decide to cut all of the songs, well it just doesn't work very well.
August 11, 2008
It was on, I had nothing else to do... I watched it... I liked it. A lot actually. Nick Nolte was great.
August 1, 2008
I watched this movie because it said it was from 2008. But that was a lie, it's really 1994. Showtime lied to me. This movie was pretty good though, little girl was so cute.
July 30, 2008
Oh, that little girl was great wasn't she? Thats all I watched it for! I've seen this movie sooo many times
July 2, 2008
I'll do anything to not see this film again.
½ June 18, 2008
The Anne Heche kiss of death continues...and I didn't even last long enough to see her scenes!
May 23, 2008
Very Cute Movie!!! Love Whittni Wright!!!