Illuminata - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Illuminata Reviews

November 2, 2011
A little messy in the beginning but it clears up.
December 3, 2010
Interesting, but ultimately unsatisfying.
March 6, 2010
Sometimes John Turturro does good.
January 18, 2010
John Turturo writes and directs...also susan sarandon, christopher walken
April 10, 2009
Amazing directing from Turturro and amazing cast (especially Christopher Walken)!
October 1, 2008
after the first 15 minutes, i can't stand it.try, try harder.
September 13, 2008
good cast kind of just ok though
½ August 16, 2008
This is a wondfull, bizare, mad creation. Like Hamlet this is the play within the play theme and you can't tell which story is more important but try it, you'll like it. The acting is top notch from all and all play it to the hilt.
July 11, 2008
Perhaps I saw this film with the wrong friends, or was not in the right mood. I found it confusing, disjointed. As mentioned in the "Movie Info" above, the film is in the vein of Ingmar Bergman. I am not a fan of Bergman. I'm usually pretty good at getting subtlety, but if this was satire, I missed it entirely. It felt mostly like an inside joke. I was lost and bored throughout the film. I did enjoy Christopher Walkin's ridiculous character. More of that would have made the film more tolerable.
July 8, 2008
This just made me happy all over in the same way Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead with Tim Roth did. Amazing cast Great Comic timing Beautiful sets and costumes.. Awesome.
½ June 9, 2008
I just caught this movie on SHO and enjoyed it. If you are a Thespian or just curious about their world, I recommend this film. Chris Walken brings his comedic antics as a dose of fun anyone would enjoy.
½ May 17, 2008
A very cute, funny, sad, and heartwarming film. I love John Turturro...he is hilarious and a wonderful actor. His vision of the theatre is great and I have a feeling that's what it is like behind the scenes of a theatre company.
½ March 10, 2008
An accomplishing visual fiest from John Turturro with his tribute to theatre. Some wonderful and memorable performances from the giant ensemble, especially Chris Walken.
January 6, 2008
One of the most beautiful movies I have ever scene. I wish I could live in the set/scene. John Turturro amazes me.
½ January 4, 2008
At first I thought it was very slow, but near the end it got a nice rhythm, I liked the ending.
½ November 20, 2007
Hilarious and yet accurate take on the theatrical industry. Loved it! Ahhh...John did it again!
November 17, 2007
I adore this story of Imperfect Love. The stories and the people are wonderful.
September 26, 2007
I love this film. John Turturro has such a gift for cinema. He is ambitious and his love for film just shines through. I completely love it for both what it's trying to do and for what it accomplishes.
August 27, 2007
4... not for the right reasons...