I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK (Saibogujiman kwenchana) Reviews

• Jul 18, 2019

Love this movie! It's an oddball mix of Benny & Joon meets Pulp Fiction.

Love this movie! It's an oddball mix of Benny & Joon meets Pulp Fiction.

• Oct 04, 2018

A colorful love story, a quirky semi-fairy tale and much more than that to be honest. Because under the strangeness and the craziness we find familiar feeling, complicate problems and gorgeous solutions for those problems. A different view: and that I always appreciate.

• Aug 31, 2018

This charming, off-beat movie has a similar feel to King of Hearts -- the inmates in many ways do better at running the asylum. It is a strange and beautiful love story, leaving the viewer feeling very positive and laughing at the weirdness and wonder of love. Moments that are grim are fantasy, and what we are left with is an affectionate look at human foibles, and a story of tender, intimate love. One inmate's intense and loving determination to save another achieves more than a trunkful of theories, drugs, and gadgets. You have to let go and let the movie take you where it wants to, and you will be glad you went for this ride.

• Jul 19, 2017

Another type of movie can be a supplement to the normal ones.

Another type of movie can be a supplement to the normal ones.

• Jan 21, 2017

There is loads of great stuff in this. It's highly imaginative but it just didn't flow for me and I couldn't get into it.

• Aug 30, 2016

Not as good as I anticipated - I felt it could have been a whole lot more. Instead it is incoherent at times and just plain dull at others.

• Oct 25, 2015

Espectacular de principio a fin. Recomendadísima!

Espectacular de principio a fin. Recomendadísima!

• Robert B Super Reviewer
    Oct 02, 2015

I'm a Cyborg, but That's Ok is a very playful and imaginative film. It is reminiscent of Amelie, though it is also a little bit dark at times (but that's OK!) The film has a message but communicates it more through character actions and symbols than in words; it is more lyrical than poetical. The aura and energy of the film and the actors definitely make this a pick for twenty-somethings. I find myself rating it up a bit because it does something different and has got some heart.

• Jul 13, 2015

A witty film with a beautiful plot and good performances.

A witty film with a beautiful plot and good performances.

• Apr 14, 2015

Young-goon is mentally ill, who imagines herself as a combat cyborg. Her problems are: first, she doesn't want to eat and thinks she needs electricity to be charged; second, she wants to send denture to her grandma, who has already been sent to a mental hospital for thinking she is a rats and eating radish only; third, she needs to figure out what her grandma wants to tell her about the ultimate meaning of living. After she fails to charge herself, Young-goon is also sent to a mental hospital, where she meets a bunch of wardmates with different symptoms but equally powerful imagination. Il-sun is one of them with schizophrenia and kleptomania. believing he can steal everything in the world. Il-sun is to help Young-goon solve her problems and meanwhile pacify his own inner wounds. This story is generally about how the two schizophrenic patients comfort each other and fall in love. Crazy! Chan-Wook Park is the director with his unique style in film language. His works are very recognizable and always with great fun (to some extent, as those of Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Wes Anderson). I like Chan-Wook Park's works for their beautiful appearance-jumping cut, flexible camera, bright colors and interesting soundtrack- rather than the story itself. Olyboy, Stoker and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance are all about cruel revenge and are a little too bloody for me. Besides, for me. it's difficult to get why those stories develop and end in a certain crazy way, maybe because I'm just not as crazy as those characters in the stories. But I really enjoy "I'm a Cyborg. But That's OK". Yes, it's still crazy. But who cares how crazy it is, since all the characters live in a mental hospital. We cannot understand their imagination world. Just enjoy! There is no much bloody in this film. Happiness and cruelty are very well balanced.