I'm Gonna Git You Sucka - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka Reviews

September 3, 2016
Early Wayan brothers comedy sees them send up the blaxploitation genre. Some quality gags, such as the ghetto Olympics and the Antonio Fargas all decked out in the finest pimp threads which are completed with platforms containing live goldfish. Chris Rock in an early role is priceless aswell.
June 4, 2016
I wasn't aware that the idea behind the Expendables (get together a bunch of older stars and lampoon the works of film that made them famous) was done so much earlier and so much better. Good stuff.
September 29, 2015
Spoofing blacksploitation films just seems like a risky game in the first place, but when you have a great cast and a hilarious script to go along with it, you are on a one-way street. Lead by the very talented Keenan Ivory Wayans, this film follows Jack Spade after he returns home to find out his younger brother has died from an overdose of Gold Chains. The plot just goes off on a tangent from there, but the ridiculousness is enough to keep you extremely entertained. I loved watching this film and laughing at each scenario that presented itself to the characters. This parody is not one to miss if you are a fan of this genre. In the 80's, parodies were at their peak, and this one is another home run. Although some of the jokes feel easy and a few seem redundant, I can forgive all of that, due to the films effortless humour. "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" is great fun!
September 27, 2015
A lot more clever than I thought!
July 16, 2015
It's not my favorite movie with Keenan Ivory Wayans (that would be Star 80...yes, he's in it), but give me this over his subsequent proto-Seltzer/Friedberg products any day.
½ April 15, 2015
If you grew up in the 70's you like this parody.
March 16, 2015
Caught this classic on Starz over the weekend. So many great lines/scenes with and an excellent class of blaxploitation all-stars. Way to go Wayans Brothers. Certainly paved the way for "In Living Color."
October 26, 2014
Classic Wayans bros humor.
½ February 26, 2014
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka is a screwball comedy that lampoons '70s blaxploitation cinema. After his brother dies of a gold overdose Jake Spade vows revenge and turns to one of his childhood heroes to help him take on local crime lord Mr. Big. Starring Keenen Ivory Wayans, Isaac Hayes, Jim Brown, and Damon Wayans, the film has a great cast. Additionally, the comedy is especially well-written, with lots of clever commentary and satire on exploitation films. Entertaining and brilliantly funny, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka delivers a ton of laughs.
February 24, 2014
Chris Rock's very short scene was worth the watch. And the music obv.
½ December 30, 2013
Pretty good for a B movie. Some of these scenes had me cracking up and hitting replay!
August 19, 2013
Well it a silly movie for sure had its funny moments here and there it was an alright movie
August 4, 2013
They don't make comedies like this anymore. Silly, funny, action. Awesome cast. Thanks Crackle!
July 21, 2013
Awesome old school movie
July 17, 2013
Kind of like The Naked Gun of 70s blaxploitation movies. It's fun watching the old school actors riff on their past roles.
July 15, 2013
Hilarious send-off to Blaxploitation flicks--Every cliche of the 70s is busted wide-open here!!
July 6, 2013
I Don't Like Keenen Ivory Wayans.
February 26, 2013
I have to say that this is a well-made spoof of the Blaxploitation genre, though it may get a bit too action movie parody in the final reel, but I would suggest it for a double-bill with Black Dynamite if you're planning a movie night.

Well worth a look, give it a rental.
January 21, 2013
This movie gets 5 starts from me because its one of my all time favorites.
January 3, 2013
I don't remember laughing.