I'm Gonna Git You Sucka - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka Reviews

October 14, 2011
yeah im definatly suprised that this movie is not nearly as popular as it should be. it falls right in beautifully with other slapstick comedies from its time such as airplane, hot shots, and anything with leslie nielsen in it. Its just as funny as any as those as well so im more than surprised at the lack of attention it has recieved. i never even heard of it untill i seen it in a bargain bin and made the smart choice to pick it up. its loaded with hillarious(mainly black) comedians and actors and lots of great jokes and gags. it even has the young chris rock in it for a brief cameo that happens to be one of the funniest scenes in the movie. Its definatly recommendable to anyone with a sense of humor and probably even funnier to those with even a brief background on blaxploitation cinema.
October 13, 2011
Freaking HILARIOUS. They don't make spoofs like this nowadays.
October 5, 2011
"The kind of film, that can make any frown, turn upside down." Hilarious!
½ September 25, 2011
i've seen silly movies like this and i've seen loads of In Living Color episodes, but they were way funnier than this. the stunt mom scene was about the only thing that was totally hilarious.
September 5, 2011
July 21, 2011
i love this movie, far from perfect but still a classic, and considering their budget was probably low, they did a good job
½ July 20, 2011
I caught about 30 minutes of this last night...it looked unbelievably low budget, the humor was totally juvenile, the writing was terrible, and it was just as great as I remembered it when I watched it about a million times as a kid.
July 11, 2011
"How did he go to the bathroom with all that sht on?" lol
½ July 11, 2011
Goldfish in platform pimp shoes... PIMP! ;-)
June 28, 2011
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka was a hilarious parody that had me well entertained and laughing hard. Keenan Wayans really brought it with his writing of this hysterical script, solid directorial style and a strong performance as Jack Spade. I thought it was really funny how gold chains were substituted for drugs (rhyming with cocaine). The jokes in this movie all packed punches and were diverse in comedic style. Damon Wayans and Kadeem Harrison were great as the two inept gangsters. The rest of the casting was also well done. That scene with Chris Rock buying one rib was hilarious as well. I liked how Wayans messed around with the illusion of cinema a few times. Like when the unnamed widow says "of course he's dead. can't you hear the music?" John Vernon's dialogue with Antonio Fargas and Keenan Wayans about film stars was another great example. Overall, a smashing comedy packed with good laughs.
½ May 9, 2011
This Wayans joint is a mixed bag. While there are some genuinely laugh out loud moments in this blaxploitation spoof there is also a lot of not funny. In fact, I found several characters to be plain annoying and not in the funny kinda way.
While you don't expect every comedy to hit on all cylinders, you do hope that there is enough there to keep you entertained. I can say that this film, with it's amazing cast, does at least entertain as long as you can make it through the moments that grind at your nerves.
Of course, if you want a Blaxploitation spoof that does everything right, check out Black Dynamite instead.
March 6, 2011
This Is One Of The Coolest Movies That I Like And I Really Like It Keenen Irovy Wayans Did A Good Job On This Movie And It's Has Action Comedy In This Movie And I Really Love It!
February 28, 2011
This is an hilarious spoof comedy movie with great actors, I really liked it, and I highly recommend it.
½ January 15, 2011
I like the parody of the blaxploitation movies that this movie brings along with the obvious reference to all the 80's references that were equally appropriate, such as dying by gold chains.

It is funny if for no other reason than the Chris Rock asking how much one rib costs. Many memorable quotes and equally memorable references to the history of black movies through the 70's.

A fun and relevant movie.
December 29, 2010
Funny blaxploitation spoof - any fan of the genre would love this!
½ December 28, 2010
Chis Rock's part is the best.
Classic KIW.
December 17, 2010
An often funny and affectionate parody of 70s blaxploitation films (but no appearances by Fred Williamson, Pam Grier or Richard Roundtree)--made long before the Wayans clan squandered their talent on Scary Movie.
½ December 11, 2010
its really funny at times but others its just abit silly but not to say theres anything wrong with that
November 24, 2010
i loved this movie its friggen hilarious lol.