I'm Here - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'm Here Reviews

½ March 17, 2015
had a different experience watching the film. cute little work
½ February 11, 2015
I'm Here is a heartfelt short film from Spike Jonze. Set in a futuristic Los Angeles setting where humans and robots co-exist, Jonze manages to capture the same realistic-future vibe that he later demonstrated in Her. Considering how much I enjoy both Jonze and Andrew Garfield, I was really excited to check this out. There isn't anything too complex going on here, it's a simple story once you get past the unique style. That being said, the simplicity really works well. It's a touching film that focuses on the relationship between these two characters and almost made me forget they weren't human. This isn't groundbreaking or perfect, but it is sincere and creative.
½ December 13, 2014
great short by spike jonze with. it has so much heart but you expect that when watching a spike jonze film.
½ August 14, 2014
97%
I see where Jonze got his idea for Her from.
½ July 27, 2014
A short film by Spike Jonze. Saw him mentioning it in an interview and that Andrew Garfield was in it, hence I checked it out. Poignant, short and impactful. And the girl was so clumsy - losing parts of herself and all! And Andrew's character Sheldon.. sigh, too sweet and kind. Good music, and I was amazed at the well done facial expressions (eyes and mouth) on the two robots and how their human limbs didn't show up under those prosthetics. Excellent! :)
June 24, 2014
A beautiful and an incredibly movie short film. I was touched to my core.
June 20, 2014
Spike Jonze, creative genius
Heartfelt and charming
Smart to use robots

What would you do for someone you love?
February 3, 2014
I'm Here sweetly explores the selflessness created by love through the eyes of a uniquely emotional robot that reflects man's sacrifices for his loved one. A timeless tale.
January 16, 2014
a spectacularly beautiful short film.
½ July 7, 2013
I'm generally unmoved by romantic dramas like this, but daaaaammnnnn Spike you really got me with this one. It's a beautifully shot, beautifully written short, with a keen sense for the sentimental
June 15, 2013
Spike Jonze's robot themed take on The Giving Tree has a surprising amount of heart to it. His unique visual style is a perfect match for the tale, making you wish the film went on past it's brief 30 minute runtime.
March 19, 2013
Beautiful, the best short film I have ever seen.
citawijaya
½ March 17, 2013
This would make a good short movie for an ad or something. As a movie, I didn't like it though, felt that way too hipster-y for me.
½ March 10, 2013
One of the strangest things I have ever seen and quite funny because of this.
½ February 1, 2013
Not sure Jonze possesses the ability to suck.
November 25, 2012
It was better love story than twilight coming with spike jonse imagery as robots who fall in love. This should be the trend. Truly uplifting.
October 26, 2012
oush it's kinda sad :I
October 24, 2012
This is wonderfully thoughtful short flim. This is a true love story better than romancing vampires. Robots should be the trend.
Beautiful.
½ October 8, 2012
Spike Jonze's little allegory, loosely based on The Giving Tree, has the director's prized dialogue and beautiful cinematography in full effect, even if its short length really harms would could have been a more substantial film as a whole.
½ October 5, 2012
Jonzes â~Iâ(TM)m Hereâ(TM) is a wonderfully displayed and thought out interpretation of a futuristic love story and how a robot breaks his robotic stigma and learns to dream. The hidden messages and morals throughout the short film, paint a very clear picture in which ought to be reflected. It shows that even with the alliance of humans and robots, society still holds much prejudice and pre conceptions. Itâ(TM)s sweet and gentle manor makes it a very relaxing and pleasant watch, and it has been perfectly lengthened at 30 minutes, since it achieves the quality and content of a feature length. Admittedly the story was a little too predictable in my eyesâ¦However, still unique.