I'm In Love With A Church Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'm In Love With A Church Girl Reviews

August 18, 2016
Stories of redemption are tricky. Make the story too easy and the audience misses the point; make it too hard ( Wild) and the audience loses interest. Unfortunately, this movie falls into the former category. The twists and turns in this Beauty and the Beast story are seen from a mile off ( the worried mom, the bad influences, even the money angle). Not impressed.
½ March 3, 2016
Not a good picture of a biblical relationship, and a cliche story. Old Fashioned is way better.
December 12, 2015
Its such an encouraging movie i can't remember the number of times i have watched it. Nice acting Ja Rule
½ August 25, 2015
Horrible movie. The scenes are all over the place and almost always take part at night. Acting was flaccid , characters where flat and dialogue was laughable. Which is the only good thing about this movie, it makes you laugh at how bad it is. It is clearly just Christian bate.
January 31, 2015
I would absolutely love to watch this movie. the trailer is so good. and I absolutely love Adrienne Bailon I am a huge fan and I loved her in the cheetah girls movies
January 30, 2015
it was a good movie. Alot about God
August 26, 2014
A good movie about god and his plans for all of us. That he loves us all , we just need give him our love and have his love in return. Also I love the actors and actors and actress in this movie.
½ July 19, 2014
Largely a very poor representation of Christianity. Too touchy feely, little content aside from living faith. Needs some explanation for non-believer to have any concept of what is supposed to be happening.
July 9, 2014
I'm In Love With A Church Girl gets an "A" for sincerity, but only maintains a "C" for the final result. Rapper Ja Rule stars as the real life Miles Montego of San Jose, California who through new found faith in God comes all the way out of his former life as a drug seller and a gang banger.

Now he's into concert promotions which is legitimate unto itself, but certainly is still an atmosphere in which Ja Rule's former profession flourishes. But Ja Rule meets Adrienne Bailon who is a nice church going girl and pretty soon he's not only liking her, but her wholesomeness and purity stemming from her devout Christian upbringing.

Of course law enforcement isn't quite buying Ja Rule turning over a new leaf and they've got Stephen Baldwin on surveillance checking him out throughout the film.

I'm In Love With Church Girl borrows from the old master of religious spectacle Cecil B. DeMille. Not that this film has a DeMille like budget, but DeMille was a big believer in selling religion with a little sex. Somehow I could not quite buy Adrienne Bailon as a church going born again with those skirts up to her privates and showing a most ample buttocks. Maybe I'm just a Philistine, but somehow I think that's what got Ja Rule's attention.

The cast gave some good performances and how much of it happened to Miles Montego in real life is a source of speculation. I know DeMille would have approved this picture.
½ May 27, 2014
Better than I thought. Ja needs a lil work...but good movie overall
May 18, 2014
I love this movie .it tell tg e story that you matter what you can change
½ May 4, 2014
Half a star is generous. Its a shame too, because I get what they were TRYING to do. However, if Christian/church groups wants to accomplish their mission of outreach via large market movies, they have got to produce flicks that are compelling and on par with other films.

In Love w/ a Church Girl was amateurish at best! The dialogue was thick and sappy with cliches of "Christianity". The background music was WAY, WAY, WAY overdone - it needs its own IMDB page! The opening credits list "GOD" as an Executive Producer!?! Cheesy and presumptuous, not to mention incredulous.

I truly wish I had not seen this movie. I hope others do not think this is the standard set for evangelistic films.
February 18, 2014
Very good lesson behind this movie.... a must see!!!!
February 16, 2014
I hate it took me so long to see this movie!! I LOVED it! In the beginning I thought it was a bit cheesy, but it did a complete 360!!
½ February 14, 2014
Absolutely love this movie!!!!!!
February 9, 2014
Great mesage. great actors.
½ February 5, 2014
FUNNY
SUSPENSEFUL
A REALLY GREAT MOVIE
February 2, 2014
The movie had a strong Christian message, which I felt was consistent with its aim. Some of the actors did a good job. Ja Rule and Adrianne Bailon did quite well in their roles. I think it was beautifully filmed and the music, though intrusive at times, was well done.

But there were some problems with the film. Some of the supporting roles were unevenly acted. Some of the timelines felt off ... I found myself wondering, how could all of this happen in one day? Or how can the police investigation continue when the police chief clearly did not want it to continue?

But overall, I think it was a decent movie and I enjoyed it. I hope that the director continues to hone his craft and make more films. I also hope to see Ja Rule and Adrianne in other films, whether separately or together.
January 26, 2014
I really enjoyed this movie. It was really inspirational. Also just knowing that it wa based on a true story. Made it even more enjoyable.