I'm Not Rappaport - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'm Not Rappaport Reviews

½ May 1, 2015
Gardner did the impossible....make us sick of listening to two wonderful actors.100% the director/writers fault.
February 19, 2014
This is a hilarious, invigorating movie. Herb Gardner's script is great, so far beyond the crap that is pumped out these days. Sorry the supposed critic "Fred Topel" thought this was "depressing." I didn't know a critic's rating of a movie was supposed to be based on whether a movie made him feel warm and cuddly inside.
January 25, 2013
Thought it was a great movie.
May 14, 2011
When I 1st saw I'm Not Rappaport, I wasn't too impressed but after seeing it again yesterday after all this time, It was better then what I remembered.Walter Matthau & Ossie Davis were great together
½ March 17, 2011
This felt like it was based on a play...one of the long, "meaningful" ones that are more about wandering around a character than telling a story. Those have never really appealed to me, and the narrative here isn't enough to keep the movie going. Walter Matthau is good, as he usually is, but every five minutes of this movie felt like an hour. Without the energy of live performance, there's nothing to keep this movie on its feet.
½ July 3, 2010
I really enjoyed this. It was light and funny, but philosophical and questioning too. It doesn't have a lot of action, though, so don't look for that here.
½ April 21, 2009
Excellent film with two legendary actors a the top of their game. Walter Matthau's con man communist is delightfully mischievous and Ossie Davis is wonderful as the tired old man all caught up in these adventures he doesn't want to be in. Many superb give and takes from these old masters. The Central Park setting is so fitting that it's practically a character. Great film!
February 13, 2009
was ok. Old man still has some fight in him. Some comedy. Lots of dialogue.
½ January 9, 2009
I loved this but it is impossible to find.
August 26, 2008
good stuff well acted
August 6, 2008
Really just a stageplay on film, but old communists make me laugh. See it, and then forget about it.
July 23, 2008
One of the most realistic scenes of two people getting stoned ever in a movies where the main stars are over 80! A wonderful movie.
: )
April 29, 2008
I liked this movie! It shows that you should always be young at heart...or at least don't resign yourself to being crochety in your old age!
April 17, 2008
A truly great film! The acting is superb. The script is amazing! It makes you laugh and touches you as well. A great pairing! A great film about aging and reflecting. A must see!
March 12, 2008
This was quite a hysterical yet serious work that Matthau should have been nominated for. The bantering between Matthau and Davis is so original and priceless.
March 5, 2008
Really enjoyed this movie. It was really complex and Walter Mathau should have been nominated for this performance, it was incredible.
December 14, 2007
Captivating performances from Walter Matthau and Ossie Davis. Directed with simplicity, written with significance.
October 31, 2007
A very theatrical movie. Highly entertaining.
October 22, 2007
Good old Walter Mathau in a role that could have been created for him. Everybody else was good too. This movie was better than I expected, which was nice.
September 20, 2007
Another brilliant play turned movie. Stellar performances all around. Captures the feel of Central Park.