I'm Still Here Reviews

• Apr 23, 2018

I'm Still Here Directed By: Casey Affleck Starring: Joaquin Phoenix Plot: In 2008 while rehearsing for a charity event, actor Joaquin Phoenix, with Casey Affleck's camera watching, tells people he's quitting to pursue a career in rap music. Over the next year, we watch the actor write, rehearse, and perform to an audience. He importunes Sean Combs in hopes he'll produce the record. We see the actor in his home: he parties, smokes, bawls out his two-man entourage, talks philosophy with Affleck, and comments on celebrity. Review: Wow well this is a horrible Mockumentary. Its not even real and let alone they did a crappy job doing it in one scene you actually see a guy get faked crapped on well I now know how it feels after seeing this film. Rating: 2/10 Recommendation: Skip

• Apr 05, 2018

One of the funniest mocks ever. Years later there's gonna be a documentary of this mockmentary showing the comedic genius of Phoenix and Casey. I'm so sad 'You Were Never Really Here' isn't a sequel. They fooled a lot of people and apparently people are still fooled. What's not hilarious about it? Phoenix PLAYING himself as a loathing coke head trying to make it as a rapper. How he stayed in character for so long without shame lol is what great acting is about. So under rated!

• Mar 24, 2018

Love this mockumentary and absolutely love Joaquin Phoenix! Shout out to Casey Afflack!

• Jul 23, 2017

I actually found the film interesting ; and hoax or not , I don't doubt there was a real mental relapse of some kind, most likely due to illegal narcotic consumption.

• Mar 16, 2017

First ever blu ray I bought and put in the Garbage can after see half the movie.

• Dec 24, 2016

I didn't know about how people rated this movie when I saw it. I just watched it for myself. And it is, without a doubt, the top 10 movies I've seen in my whole life. I'm cannot believe the movie only did $408,983 in total gross sales. That's gross.

• Dec 03, 2016

I was entirely fascinated with this whole thing when it was going on, even though it was clearly fake, and while the film tries to make something out of this and provide at least a bit of a take on the idea of celebrity it comes off as very hokey and, well, fake.

• Nov 19, 2016

"I'm Still Here" es un documental falso que en la época de su estreno se pensaba que era totalmente real. Cuenta la historia de Joaquin Phonenix, el talentoso actor de "Walk The Line" o "Gladiator", quien decide retirarse para convertirse en cantante de Hip Hop. Este descenso a los infiernos de Phoenix, es captado por la cámara de su cuñado Casey Affleck, quien registra a Phoenix consumiendo cocaína de manera compulsiva, intentando que Puff Daddy le produzca su álbum debut, teniendo sexo con prostitutas y ejerciendo su poder en sus amigos/colaboradores. La trampa funcionó gracias a el cubrimiento mediático, a una infame entrevista en el "Show de David Letterman" y a un Phoenix que interpretó a su personaje dentro y fuera del filme. "I'm Still Here", puede pensarse como la versión "Borat" para el público indie. Una cinta que el mismo crítico Roger Ebert creyó que era algo real. Pero en estos tiempos nada lo es.

• Nov 19, 2016

• Sep 18, 2016

A sarcastically fun take on an actor's life and how media works around them, that unfortunately is longer than it should really has to be.