I'm Through with White Girls (The Inevitable Undoing of Jay Brooks) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I'm Through with White Girls (The Inevitable Undoing of Jay Brooks) Reviews

½ October 19, 2013
Fine script and acting however, the story is the usual American shallow precept which causes the film to gently tank. Not much to say about photography or sound as it was average with not much to note. Music was a bright part that made up for the short comings of the rest. Nibbles: Liquorish Allsorts
January 7, 2012
Cute flick. Funny. Streaming from NetFlix on my iPad, it got me through two three-mile walks on a treadmill. Loved it. Not profound, but cute.
½ October 16, 2011
It was cute for an indie film. It was pretty disgusting how nearly every second of the film the two main characters can't take a break without a cigarette in their mouths. It lends itself well for a spoof or parody. At times it seemed like one. Lovable characters.
July 25, 2011
I am truly impressed with this movie. I really enjoyed the every process and progress of this film. I hope and pray for morre exposure and another project from this team..Peace Gina
½ July 16, 2011
THIS IS MY FUCKIN MOVIE RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!
April 18, 2011
It was def a movie you see when you have nothing else to watch....that turns into a little gem. You have to watch for the quick jabs here and there to really get the full humor of the movie. I'd def recommend it to people. I just wish his love interest was...well...attractive.
January 12, 2011
Project Brown Sugar hahhaha
It was good to see Bookman and Olivia.
I saw a little of myself in this dude. That was scary.
½ May 25, 2010
More films like this and we might just live in a world that is actually "post-racial" one day.
May 10, 2010
this was one of the best movies i've seen that portrays a real relationship
½ May 4, 2010
This is not the funniest movie I've ever seen, nor is it the best directed but what I can say is that the actors evoke a charm and whimsy that pulls you into the story and make you care about the characters. A hip hop romantic comedy that satisfies even us white folks.
May 4, 2010
"I'm Through With White Girls" is a cute movie. It would have been alot better with the played up the quirkiness and left out some the typical scenes we see in most romantic comedies. I enjoyed the film, but it had the capability to be something really fantastic.
May 4, 2010
This was an excellent movie. It explored how we sometimes look for excuses to explain why relationships don't work out. Dating white girls wasn't his problem---He was his problem...LOL

I have watched this movie over and over again.... I love it. I have even looked at the special features and behind the scenes.
½ May 4, 2010
6.5/10. Surprisingly good comedy, the scene at the restaurant involving black and asian stereotypes is a gem. Well directed and written. Perceptive and different. Very pleasant performances, especially Lia Johnson. Good story.
½ May 4, 2010
Very funny. Relevant message on finding love.
May 4, 2010
good movie it's one of those I don't expect it to be good movies but it surprises you
½ May 4, 2010
Very very very funny!!! Anthony Montgomery was hilarious!
½ May 4, 2010
It's almost hard to believe Anthony Montgomery in this role. He's just too good looking to believe that he'd have a hard time getting a girl, of any color. But it's a fun premise. I think Lia Johnson needed to do more research into the comic book industry to make Jay a believable artist, but it's a cute movie with fun characters. Oh, and for trekkies out there, Montgomery was also Travis Mayweather in Enterprise... fyi
½ May 4, 2010
Seems like a film from the 90's in an okay way.
My only big problem was the the main dude was supposed to be a comic book artist...yet he couldn't draw worth a shit.
May 4, 2010
I thought this movie was cute. It was funny and had a lot of meaning pertaining to relationships and they issues that we carry around as baggage. I really enjoyed it..my cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing through it.