Africa: The Serengeti - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Africa: The Serengeti Reviews

½ February 17, 2013
Brief and to the point telling the story of the migrations of the Serengeti Wildebeasts and the predators and obstacles they overcome. It is beautiful, powerful and raw at the same time.
October 9, 2011
AFRICA: THE SERENGETI (1994)
July 29, 2010
Great Documentary. stunning visuals and memorable narration by James Earl Jones.
February 17, 2010
Great visuals and soundtrack. Despite all IMAX movies being quite short this one felt just long enough given the content. I didn't realize it's 16 years old now and it still looks as good as new on the IMAX screen.
½ April 5, 2009
Great wildlife shots!! Amazing...and I love James Earl Jones' voice.
½ March 14, 2009
Some breathtaking pans over Africa, but I could have done without the generous use of the fish-eye lenses. The history lesson is also quite a bit off.
February 27, 2009
think this is why james got to do his voice for lion king ;-)
December 23, 2008
Beautiful imagery and of James Earl Jones is a great narrator (of course), but I thought they overused the fish eye lens. I thought it was distracting from the natural beauty of the landscape.
August 30, 2008
It shows the hardship and loss of nature without depressing you. The music was powerful and emotional. James Earl Jones' voice is calming as well as commanding. I like it.
August 10, 2008
its cool i really like it
½ August 4, 2008
MY GRANDSON REALLY ENJOYED THIS, ESPECIALLY THE GARAFFES.
½ August 4, 2008
Nature of life...
Word up...!!!!
August 1, 2008
love documentries very informative and knowlegable
July 28, 2008
really good material just too short of a flick
½ July 28, 2008
Great 5.1 sound, but too bad it's older, so picture quality wasn't best.
July 27, 2008
At barely 40 minutes long, with commercials, it feels like an episode of Nature on PBS, or something similar on National Geographic. It is excellent in its cinematography and narration, if it was twice, or even three times as long it would be twice, or even three times as better!
June 10, 2008
Darth sets it straight!
May 15, 2008
James Earl Jones: The equation of life on the Serengeti is simple. Herbivores eat plants. Carnivores eat herbivores. Magnificent.
April 10, 2008
I'll eat an Irish grape farmer's Scottish terrier before I watch this eggnog-o-rama.
November 17, 2007
Wow. This movie is awful. The script and music almost make you hate the images of the Serengeti.