Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man Reviews

• Sep 09, 2013

Remember "Interesting, unique, bizarre, fascinating, incredible?" That range of adjectives really does define Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man. It's a tough picture to classify, it's not for all tastes, and it engenders a wide range of emotions even within its condensed runtime. Chances are it'll strike the fancy of most viewers if only for its ability to draw in and dazzle with its many wonderfully-realized superficialities, but pay closer attention -- or watch it a second time -- and find a whole new level on which to appreciate it. Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man isn't perfect entertainment, but if nothing else, there's one more adjective that just might be enough to pull in most audiences, and that is "different." After all, isn't "different" something of a premium in this day and age of filmed entertainment?

• Dec 25, 2012

It's difficult to give this a rating. While some of the acrobatics were unarguably fantastic, the story was more or less completely unnecessary and felt really strained to try and convey some cheesy message in its short 38 minutes. And just when the acrobatics had started to get really impressive, the feature ended. Would have been better even as nothing more than a performance of one of their stunning live shows. Good soundtrack, though.

• Dec 07, 2012

... ok um what was this, well lets get into what was fine about this movie. I love the story there trying to pull off and the costumes and special effects were very creative. Now for the things I did not like, the dancing scenes were way too long and got boring and also the movie could've been longer.

• Nov 17, 2012

"That Cirque movie? Journey of man? It was awesome!!" said no one ever....

"That Cirque movie? Journey of man? It was awesome!!" said no one ever....

• May 13, 2012

This was unlike any Cirque du Soleil I've ever seen before in that it had an English narration (by Ian McKellen) and large amounts of the film dedicated to creating a coherent plot.

• Feb 18, 2012

some cool stuff...but also very strange....wish i was high when i saw it

some cool stuff...but also very strange....wish i was high when i saw it

• Jan 07, 2012

The stunts are wicked, but it's too short.

The stunts are wicked, but it's too short.

• Sep 10, 2011

EFFORTLESS. AMAZING. FLUID. the performances were ALL "WOW-OH-MY"!

EFFORTLESS. AMAZING. FLUID. the performances were ALL "WOW-OH-MY"!

• Jul 16, 2011

I watched the 3D blu-ray IMAX format which makes a huge difference and I was impressed with this one! For the Cirque du Soleil fans, its a must watch performance, a class act all the way! From the opening explosion of light and sound that represents the universe's formation, Cirque du Soleil's Journey of Man leads us through the birth of the Universal Child as it travels from childhood through adolescence and manhood on to maturity. An awe-inspiring feast for the senses, incomparable artistry and stylish elegance make this a visually stunning adventure! The narration is also terrific! If you are looking to build up your 3D blu-ray collection then by all means buy this one, you will not be disappointed and highly recommended!

• Jul 09, 2011