Galapagos: The Enchanted Voyage - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Galapagos: The Enchanted Voyage Reviews

½ April 16, 2016
I busted the Galapagos a few years ago on a diving expedition. It's an awesome experience. The currents can be swift so always use caution and stay with your buddy. Wolf & Darwin Islands are the two best places to dive! We went to the Darwin Museum and saw Lonesome George before he passed away. Please support their work.

I enjoyed the movie and hope you will too!
April 16, 2012
Bob, I want this one too.
September 4, 2009
Took me a while to finish this one. Started in months ago and forgot it had a total of three parts. While this was beneficial for me because quite redundant in parts (so it helped refresh my memory of what I saw before), I think if this were viewed in one sitting it could be overly-long because of the re-iteration. I didn't care for the narration (would have liked David Attenborough). The cinematography is top-notch, and there is so much more I wanted to see. I learned so much that I didn't know before beyond the finches and tortoises that I usually associate with the islands. Did you know they have penguins there? Sea lions that eat water lizards? It just seems like such a wonderful place that I want to visit. But the end showed that 30,000 people live there now and have introduced an abundance of flora and fauna to the place, thus displacing those that have been there for eons. Makes me mad. Should stay pristine - at least somewhere should! On par with Planet Earth, Winged Migration, Microcosmos, Life in the Undergrowth, March of the Penguins, and Animals are Beautiful People for my favorite nature-oriented documentaries.
October 26, 2008
A great way to test out your HD home theatre. Fascinating topic, beautiful cinematography.
Isaac
½ August 6, 2008
Interesting, but often carries on and on about one thing.
July 28, 2008
A BBC produced nature documentary shot in HD, consider me sold. While it certainly doesn't hold a candle to the epic Planet Earth, it's still a fairly interesting and visually pleasing doc.

P.S. Darwin! Whoo!
July 21, 2008
tgeres a second part to this. hi visuals, somewhat same story as another one or two galapagos videos ive seen. they recap the same shit a few times also
April 6, 2008
Documentary about a land immersed in change. Not just geologically and ecologically but has inspired us to change the way we perceive ourselves.
March 16, 2008
Documentary about a land immersed in transformation. Not just geologically and ecologically but has inspired us to change the way we perceive ourselves.
January 20, 2008
It was ok...having been there myself I found that they concentrated more about the marine biologist's technical stuff than on the actual place
October 17, 2007
the best movie ever.....only because hubby worked on it..... ;)
June 9, 2007
A disappointment overall (or at least not meant for the big Omni Theater screen at the Museum of Science). Though it was already not a very long documentary, I still felt like i barely began to explore the ecosystem of the Galapagos. Seeing it in the Omni Theater, all I can say is that it's no Everest.
May 27, 2007
I JUST HAD THE PLEASURE TO EXPERIANCE IMAX LAST YEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME AND SINCE THEN HAVE BEEN HOOKED. A SCREEN SIX STORIES HIGH AND EIGHTY FEET WIDE WITH THE BEST SOUND SYSTEM AND MOVIES EVER. IF YOU HAVENT HAD THE IMAX EXPERIANCE PLEASE GO DO IT AND YOU WILL BE HOOKED, LOL AND 3-D WOW IT POPS IT GRABS YOUR FACE AND GETS YOU AND SHAKES YOU UP. NOTHING CAN COMPARE.
April 30, 2006
You get to experience the beautiful, unique island of Galapagos. It's amazing how different their species are.
April 7, 2006
Before we watched this movie, we did a mini-unit on the Galapagos Islands. I'm homeschooling my six-year-old and two-year-old, and so our botanical and zoological studies didn't get much past "This is a Cormorant" and "Look, the cactuses look like trees," and a vague understanding of natural selection. My son knows the name Charles Darwin, but does he know he lived 150 years ago? Probably not.

In spite of their young age and their tenuous grasp on the subject matter, this movie commanded the attention of both children, immediately. The storyline follows a young marine biologist as she investigates the various features -- and animals and plants -- of the archipelago. My son went running for paper to make sketches of what he was seeing, copying what she was doing. The narrative, read by the scientist herself, was very engaging, simple, and kind of sweet. A little too much on the "this magical place" for me, but for the little 'uns, you know, they like that "magical place" talk. They had fun at Disney World tool. That's just the kind of kids they are.

ANYWAY, it was a GOOD movie, and it afforded me a very warm happy feeling, when my little kids were jumping up and down watching a documentary, yelling, "MARINE IGUANA! MARINE IGUANA!" It got a little detached from the Galapagos Islands themselves (no blue-footed booby, darn) and more into the under the sea stuff. There were a few too many shots of many schools of fish, and scuba bubbles, which were probably great in an IMAX theater -- not that great on a small screen.

All in all, though, it was very satisfying. I could have used more land iguanas eating cactuses with the spines and all, but the kids liked it. And that's something. They especially enjoyed the part where the scientist went down 3000 feet and used a vacuum to suck specimens up off the ocean floor. That was, I must admit, pretty sweet.