Immediate Family Reviews

• Apr 18, 2016

Couple who cannot conceive a child hope to adopt a baby from a pregnant teen. This drama is over the top tearjerking at its best. This could've easily been a Lifetime movie.

• Nov 09, 2015

Love this movie. Simple, raw and real...four great actors are what really pull this film together. One of my most quoted lines from this movie is, "Only one of us gets be crazy at a time."

• Apr 18, 2015

Overly melodramatic sappy schmolz.

Overly melodramatic sappy schmolz.

• Nov 20, 2014

• Feb 13, 2010

Una pareja sin hijos (James Woods y Glenn Close), desean adoptar el hijo de una pareja adolescente (Mary Stuart Masterson y Kevin Dillon). Actores de primera categoria atrapados en un drama tipo "Hallmark" que provoca nauseas no debidas al embarazo sino a lo embarazoso de la trama.

• Feb 13, 2010

• Jul 11, 2009

Decent domestic drama. I'm glad Mary Stuart Masterson won the NBR for Supporting Actress because she was really good in this film, as she always is. Glenn Close and James Woods are also very fitting for their roles. The performances are good, but the conflict is pretty bland and doesn't even make itself seen until the last few minutes of the film. Still, the writing for the movie is pretty good, even considering that there's not a lot going on.

• Mar 31, 2009

I felt as if I was in the movie myself. Lucy seemed fine with a few doubts but her bf worried me. Young couples having children are just not ready and it seems they always change their minds and the adopted parents get hurt the worst when they change their minds. Sometimes it's the money but usually it's after the birth. Had me in tears. Great acting by all.

• Mar 21, 2009

The first time I saw this movie, I loved it. Unfortunately, it has not aged well and Mary Stuart Masterson's mullet really, really distracted me during this latest viewing. Still a good soundtrack and great use of "Into the Mystic" but something just didn't connect with me in 2009 the way it did in the 90's when I first watched it. Not horrible, just not great.

• Nov 07, 2008

A lifeless domestic drama that drags its sentimental heels about the childless stagnation of a middle-aged couple. Want an emotional uplift? Attend a PTA meeting instead!