Reviews

• Jul 21, 2014

With the fact that Immigrants comes to us from the animators of The Simpsons, it shouldn't come as any surprise to find that the film is less full length feature and more several short stories pieced together to form 77 minutes of non politically correct animation. Of course this is in fact the case as Immigrants was originally supposed to be a show that was going to air on Spike TV but never materialised. The cartoon was edited down to form this movie. The animation comes courtesy of Klasky Csupo and is remenicent of their other works Rugrats, The Wild Thornberry's, and Aaahh!!! Real Monsters. One of the characters (Joska) tends to whistle a lot and his whistle sounds a lot like the notification on my Android phone when I get a text message. This had to be the most annoying thing about this movie. Everything else, while not being PC, was what you might expect from a project of this kind. If you enjoy adult cartoons and like the animation style of Rugrats, Immigrants L.A. Dolce Vita might be something you should consider checking out. The characters are well defined and the stories have their charm but you do need to leave your PC attitude at the door when watching it unless you feel like being offended at the humour portrayed in the film.

• Jul 08, 2014

Good animation reminded of Wild Thorneberrys type of color and sound with culture

• Jun 20, 2014

A fun little animated experiment. Originally meant to be a Spike TV show, this film eventually became a Hungarian release that went straight to video in the US. The film uses many of The Simpsons cast to bring you a moderately funny mashing of several un-aired "episodes" that they try to pass off as a feature. You will laugh, but it's quite clear why the show didn't survive. Immigrants is a one note joke that probably works best as is.

• Sep 20, 2012

• Aug 18, 2011

• Dec 24, 2010

funny and heart warming

funny and heart warming

• Sep 19, 2010

terrible, not funny, and the characters are annoying and their voices dont match their faces

• Sep 19, 2010

really not funny at all. the main characters are suppose to have these two really annoying catch frazes. one is the guy whistles a little tune and the other has his pwn lil chuckle but they never catch on and the movie is just lame.

• Apr 23, 2010

Ohhh yesssss! After watching all 9 seasons of 'Rugrats' this was just what I needed. Same artwork and style but a bit more grown up. It felt like a very long episode of 'King of The Hill'. Nothing that was knee slapping but enough to make you smile. Thats all I needed. I love almost anything animated so I knew I wouldn't hate it. If you like Mike Judge's sense of humor watch it!

• Feb 20, 2010

However the hell this movie got made is beyond me. I, as most who have or will watch this, was suckered into it by the front proclaiming it was a movie from the 'animators' of The Simpsons and 'starred' the voice talents of Simpsons alumni Hank Azaria and Dan Castellaneta. In actuality, it only stars one of them, Azaria, with Castellaneta providing his voice for one of the smaller characters. Anyway, it seems these Simpsons dudes will animate anything, as this is one of the worst, most offensive movies I've seen. Racist, sexist, masochistic, stupid. The jokes aren't funny, the stories are ludicrous. The lowest star rating on Flixster is a half or I would give it zero. Avoid this crap at all costs.