Immortality - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Immortality Reviews

May 6, 2011
This movie has the feel of a much older movie. I am surprised that it was made 'recently' in 2000. It is a little slow and completely lacking in the dark elements usually present in vampire movies. The ending was also very weak.
July 20, 2010
An intersting film. Jude Law is incredibly hot!
½ February 26, 2010
Within the first ten minutes of this movie, I was taken aback by how sloppy it was. The screenplay is laughably awful, both in terms of its wooden dialogue and demented plot development. Director Po Chih Leong stages all of his scenes in the most awkward way imaginable, forcing his actors to play out ridiculous material with straight faces. Jude Law is a very talented actor, and I love the idea of him playing a character like this. However, any shred of a decent performance is bogged down in the overall stupidity of the film and the absurd direction by Leong. This is a really, really bad film.
January 10, 2010
Very bizarre and very cheap looking. It's a straight-to-video in every way, but it's really interesting for some reason. It's essentially Jude law running around seducing girls and being a vampire. I just honestly have no idea what was going on here with the plot, it seemed like they were trying to update Dracula but I can't be sure.
November 26, 2008
A weird movie. However, well acted by Jude Law and Elina Löwensohn. If you are into artsy movies I can really recommend this one.
July 11, 2008
Well done and unique modern gothic that offers a new twist on the vampire legend (I won't spoil it here, but I will say you'll either love it or hate it...). Jude Law and Timothy Spall are both at their considerable best, but for me the film belonged to the beautiful and always watchable Elina Lowensohn. Modern British horror always works best when it isn't trying to emulate American horror but instead modernizing the old Hammer style, which is more or less what is happening here.

Recommended to those horror fans who are looking for something different.