Impact Point - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Impact Point Reviews

½ May 13, 2014
Beach volleyball player meets stalker.

Melissa Keller and Kayla Ewell trained several hours per day in order to perform proper beach volleyball techniques for the film. They deserve praise for doing a great job. This did not prevent the director from shooting a scene in which they pass the ball with their hands 5 or 6 times in a row. (You pass with your forearms). They are great looking ladies though and Keller has a few rear nude shower scenes that show off her tan. Wow, Ive already resorting to reporting nudity in an effort to avoid completely dismissing this one.

If the writer and director put as much into the film as Keller and Ewell did training - this would have been one hell of a movie.

Unfortunately the movie is not about volleyball. If you like run of the mill TV crime dramas you won't mind this one. You also won't recommend it to your friends. There's nothing terrible about the cast or acting and nothing memorable either. Brian Austin Green phones in a decent Ray Liotta imitation as the stalker and the rest of the cast did their best with a mediocre script.

The "Training for" special feature is by far the best thing on the disc. It shows Keller and Ewell seriously training on the beach. That lasts about 5 minutes. If they had cut out the film and just showed the women training for 1 hour and 25 minutes - I would highly recommend the DVD. I can't recommend the other hour and 20 minutes.

If you are looking for a good movie about beach volleyball - it hasn't been made yet. Don't waste your time on "Sideout" or "Beach Kings" either. Sadly, this was the best of the three.
May 13, 2014
The movie is poorly written, over acted, and generally just a piece of crap where actual film quality is concerned... it screams made for TV on a budget. That being said, it is slightly entertaining and while I wanted to turn it off I just could not help but keep watching.
½ May 13, 2014
This was just a terrible movie and perhaps one of the worst I have seen in a while. I think the last film I saw that was this bad was One Missed Call. There is not much too say about this movie except that it was a waste of my time. There is nothing positive about it: the actors were terrible, the story was unoriginal and uninteresting, the dialogue was worse, and the volleyball scenes were unreal (the actors never convince you as true volleyball players), and the direction was nonexistent. Just an overall lame movie which seemed was only made for the excuse to show young girls in tiny bikinis trying to play beach volley. If you ever find yourself across this movie burn it. You canā€™t say I didnā€™t warn you. I canā€™t possibly imagine anyone who will enjoy this movie and the actors are probably ashamed to even name this in their resume. Awful.
½ May 13, 2014
Rather basic film, the acting is below average but it's not awful. It is however suspenseful and has a good pace. The plot is far fetched but interesting. Reasonably entertaining.
May 11, 2014
I am going to pass on this one.
October 19, 2013
Script is simple and spoils the show because it lacks any real storyline that is worth listening to. Actors cry their hearts out, alas it does not help this TV movie gain any credibility, it just makes you want to join in because of the waste of space and time that this show takes up. Babes in bikinis at volley ball may give you a glint of fun but unlikely. Nibbles: Bacon and egg butty.
March 12, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012

(2008) Impact Point
THRILLER

You know when a movie is bad when 1) it stars Brian Austin Green and 2) there's a lack of police competence! Brian Austin Green plays Holden, an obsessed stalker who always seems to be one step ahead of other officers investigating the case of other murdered people who're somehow linked and associated with a professional beach ball player Kelly(Melissa Keller). It's stupid beyond belief, especially when Holden pretends to be someone else, a professional sports reporter and then makes out with the leading actress and the police station don't even believe her aassuming this guy is imaginary even after a few people were already been killed, not even a sketch or DNA. They don't even check her homoe of residence for cameras and bugs!

Bomb
December 28, 2011
This was just a terrible movie and perhaps one of the worst I have seen in a while. I think the last film I saw that was this bad was One Missed Call. There is not much too say about this movie except that it was a waste of my time. There is nothing positive about it: the actors were terrible, the story was unoriginal and uninteresting, the dialogue was worse, and the volleyball scenes were unreal (the actors never convince you as true volleyball players), and the direction was nonexistent. Just an overall lame movie which seemed was only made for the excuse to show young girls in tiny bikinis trying to play beach volley. If you ever find yourself across this movie burn it. You canā??t say I didnā??t warn you. I canā??t possibly imagine anyone who will enjoy this movie and the actors are probably ashamed to even name this in their resume. Awful.
½ June 8, 2011
bad start ... but not bad end...

inteligence complicate things... even the movie
ascordeiro108
½ April 10, 2011
Better than I thought, the acting was a little off sometimes, but it was bearable. Brian Austin Green was a nice surprise.
½ August 24, 2010
ive been a fan of brian austin green since i was a kid; but i wont lie, he kinda creeped me out in this movie
June 13, 2010
Pretty poor movie. I suppose somebody came up with a stupid story to give them a reason to promote beach volleyball, or an excuse to make a film with bikini clad birds jumping about. Neither is a good enough reason to watch this.
March 2, 2010
un telefilm tres correct, qui se tient et bien joue, incroyable :). Quand un mec instable harcele une championne de beach volley ( avec de gros nichons), ca chamboule tout son petit monde et les gens autour d'elle. Classique mais bien fait. Brian austin green le retour ^^
January 15, 2010
Holy fuck want crazy sonofabitch greenlit this pile of tripe. Melissa Keller is pretty hot though
November 12, 2009
Really disappointing. You only get to see Melissa's bare butt for a few seconds and aside from that the film does not have a lot going for it.
xxdebxx
September 15, 2009
Willing to gave this one a shot!
John2223
September 15, 2009
It was pretty decent, it had me on the edge of my seat at times the acting was alright but it felt like TV episode acting. It has a bit of suspense, a bit of minor violence, a scary character, all overlaid onto a professional beach volley ball setting.
I found it entertaining and watchable.
½ August 6, 2009
Can anything get more shallow than this?
½ June 14, 2009
Better than I expected...but I would have liked a few more matches...