Impostor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Impostor Reviews

April 8, 2013
While it's certainly not perfect, especially when compared to the giants of the man-on-the-run genre, I can find few glaring flaws with Gary Fleder's "Impostor." Nothing about the film ruined or took me out of the experience, and at times I even found myself becoming invested. That sounds like a pretty well-put-together film to me. Perhaps it should have remained a short film like it started out to be, but it still managed to keep me consistently interested throughout its expanded runtime.
April 2, 2013
90's Sci-Fi movie made in early 2000's, if you like Sci-Fi Channel programing, this might be right for you.
½ March 12, 2013
Predictable, middle of the road sci-fi thriller that does little to excite or interest the audience. There's not much to see here that you haven't seen already 100 times before, so Impostor doesn't even manage to intrigue fans of the genre.
February 28, 2013
I thought this was a very good movie....
February 8, 2013
Very well worth seeing, well performed with good FX and should have reached a larger audience.
December 24, 2012
This was a really good movie, even though it kind of scared me. Vincent D'Onofrio did a spectacular job as the bad guy! Although, I would say that about anything he does, because I love him so!
December 15, 2012
yay Gary Sinise in the future...and conspiracy..and slow motion. A adaptation of a Philip K. Dick short story. I enjoyed the shorter version of this movie better than the full length version. I really enjoyed the ending.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
November 21, 2012
Nice twist for a popcorn movie.
November 15, 2012
This was a great movie and is way under rated on the tomato meter here! My daughter watched it for the first time with me tonight (ive seen it before) and she loved it as well. Its a great story, good twists, lots of action, intelligent plot line etc. Im not sure why its rated so low.
October 12, 2012
I think it's best to get rid of the negatives of this film first, yes it feels like an extended episode of the Twilight Zone, and yes it looks like a cast reunion for midweek stylised US crime dramas with the fairly average to reasonable acting to boot. But biggest sin was the ever so predictable double plot twist and the huge plot hole that ruins the end.

But, to be fair, despite its faults it is a fairly reasonable B SiFi movie with solid characters, a solid script, topped off with reasonable directing and solid acting. But more importantly I feel engaged with the protagonists plight, which to be fair, many many of its bigger budget cousins fail to do. And that is something that makes it worthy of an hour and a half of your time. One to watch while doing the ironing.
September 26, 2012
Pretty good; Gary Sinise is always cool to watch.
½ July 29, 2012
However incredibly cheaply made and totally confusing, the one plus in Imposter is Gary Sinse's wonderfully engaging and vulnerable performance.
½ July 26, 2012
Langt henad vejen er det en standard "mand på flugt"-film, men et par virkelig solide twists (udtænkt af Philip K. Dick) mod slutningen, hiver den alligevel over gennemsnittet.
½ June 21, 2012
Has all the values of a straight-to-video movie, but because it has a bigger-name cast, it gets a full theatrical release.
June 17, 2012
Impostor is clearly lesser than Dick's widely known Minority Report in many aspects, but it's futuristic effect is still admirable.
½ June 11, 2012
Drawn out, yet, entertaining Sci-fi.
June 5, 2012
Okay film lacking the sci-fi wow factor - similar in the style of blade runner in places it was obvious that this film was a low budget. Disappointed with the story line, character depth and the ending for sure - that said if you are a fan of Gary Sinise you may like this one on a rainy day.
May 21, 2012
Suffers horribly from a low budget and unimaginative theft of big budget movie plots. Sinise and Shalhoub are far from at the height of their powers and both walk through the rote material, giving it no more thought than it deserves. Looks and feels like a hundred other movies and does nothing to distinguish itself.
½ April 14, 2012
The movie didn't give Philip K Dick justice.