Imprint Reviews

• Mar 08, 2019

Great story and twist

Great story and twist

• Feb 28, 2019

I really really liked this movie, I confess American Indians always fascinate me and this one giving a hint about the Indians who have an interest in the spirit world. There were a few hiccups with the movie but the actors and actresses did a decent job in bringing a bit of reality to the movie. Not the most memorial of movies but a good one to watch.

• Oct 25, 2018

The real ghosts ?? are the ones we carry with us! Amazing! Love this Native American ghost ??story! A must watch!

• Jun 20, 2015

This was shot in the area where I live and I was so excited to see it. I was impressed by the story and the cast. It did have a few problems but it's not a Hollywood funded movie. All in all it's definitely worth a watch and I love the fact that it's different.

• Mar 15, 2015

not much of a horror but nice twist at the end

not much of a horror but nice twist at the end

• Feb 16, 2014

Native American culture and mores have always fascinated me. This is a supernatural thriller set on a South Dakota reservation. The acting is above average but not spectacular, and the effects are low-key but effective in building tension. The plot is moved by convenience more than a natural flow of the story. Attention to detail (like the cut on Shayla's forehead that keeps disappearing) is lacking, Watchable but could have been so much better.

• Jul 10, 2013

Guy at flea market sold me this by telling me its so awesome its banned from cable..... i can see why its banned... crappy movie

• Jan 12, 2013

Imprint (Michael Linn, 2007) Imprint is one of a handful of movies that have historically made it to my Netflix instant list by mistake-I thought it was another movie of the same name, rated it, couldn't figure out (hey, I was new to Netflix streaming at the time) how to unrate it, and so figured I'd watch it instead. (If you know me, you'll know that the movie I mistook it for was Takashi Miike's infamous Masters of Horror entry of the same name). In other words, I would probably have never found this movie except by accident. I'm glad I did. Plot: Shayla Stonefeather (Unearthed's Tonantizin Carmelo) has worked hard to leave her past on the rez behind, and she's now a successful prosecuting attorney in Colorado. She's got to tread lightly as the movie opens, however; she's prosecuting Robbie Whiteshirt (Joseph Medicine Blanket in his only screen appearance to date), a Lakota Indian from her reservation who has never once wavered in proclaiming his innocence. Rumors and allegations of conflict of interest abound from both sides. In the middle of the trial, Stonefeather gets word that her father is dying, and returns to the reservation to say goodbye. While she's there, Robbie Whiteshirt is murdered, and something seems to be reaching out from the spirit world to let Stonefeather know that she is more involved in this case-and rez life-than she thinks, or than she wants to remember. It's a low-budget indie flick, so if you go into it expecting some sort of Michael Bay cheesefest, you're bound to be disappointed. But take the movie on its own terms and it has some goods to offer, though it's not the best movie you will see in any given month. The plot is well-presented and believable enough if you believe in the spiritual-realm stuff, the acting is about baseline for a movie of this variety (in other words, I'm not going to count points off for, shall we say, some overly-enthusiastic amateurism), and Linn (Into His Arms) has a pretty good idea of what to do with a camera to get the mood and atmosphere he desires. No, the special effects aren't the greatest, but they show an inventiveness with a minuscule budget that has to be respected. This is not a bad little movie at all-give it a look. ***

• Nov 06, 2012

Warning: Racism First, this isn't really super natural or a thriller. Second. The pace is unique and changes, making it feel not-like-a-movie. Which is a good thing. Third. A complaint that the actors don't look native enough and are probably chosen using white beauty standards, even though they ARE native for once. Just okay. Not recommended.

• Aug 05, 2012

This movie was lacking something, maybe a better budget, but the story is good.

This movie was lacking something, maybe a better budget, but the story is good.