In the Company of Actors Reviews

• Mar 27, 2009

This is most of all about the preparations for Hedda Gabler in New York. Funny, insightful and showed the passion of the whole group, especially Blanchett.

• Mar 17, 2009

Don't be discouraged by the slow start, this is a really insightful documentary about the world of theatre.

• Oct 04, 2008

a good watch for thespian types & those keen on the play

a good watch for thespian types & those keen on the play

• Jun 08, 2008

really disappointed by this documentary. i was hoping for an insight into the gritty workshopping process for the actors rehearsing...but this documentary turned out to be as glib and uninformative as some special feature offerings for dvds. though i don't know terribly much about theatre - it didn't help that i found the final result of the theatre direction contrived and over-stated. (it was the over-emphasizing of the "melodic" phrasing for all the characters that killed it for me...the actors all began to sound the same! ;-)

• Aug 24, 2007

I like Cate Blanchett in her movie roles. She has never filmed any: yawn, gag or snore fest type movies. What I mean is she is not boring in her movie roles, she has passion, drama, action and most of all excitement. Two thumbs up!! You go girl!

• Robert F Super Reviewer
    Aug 01, 2007

I was hoping this movie was going to explore the process of acting in more detail, but it tended to focus on the Hedda Gabler story and the other elements of the production instead. Nevertheless, it was still very interesting and inspiring. It made me want to be in the rehearsal room with them.