In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale Reviews

December 3, 2013
It's horribly good. If you can make it past the first 15 mins, you will not be able stop watching it. John Statham did a great job. Same with Burt, but the rest of the cast seemed to be acting bad on purpose. The whole thing really just seems like a spoof of medieval fantasy movies.
December 1, 2013
Only for people whose sole wish, before they died, was to see Jason Statham, Ron Perlman, Matthew Lillard and Ray Liotta in the same movie.
November 21, 2013
This film made me cry... tears of laughter. Really there hasn't been a bad movie for so long that made me laugh so loud to the point where it was hard to breathe. We can all thank the laughable writing done by Doug Taylor and awful direction by Uwe Boll. All of that leads up to a lot of laughs, but not enough to say this film is so bad but so good.

So, this guy named Farmer (Jason Statham) is a simple "farmer" who pretty much lives a boring existence with his wife and child. When the Kingdom is attacked by these monster things (don't care what they're called) it's up to Farmer and the rest of the royal army to protect the Kingdom and the King (Burt Reynolds), If I had to name the biggest crime of this movie, it would be the fact that it's so unbelievably boring. There are a lot of scenes and camera shots that are absolutely pointless. The fighting scenes last forever and the effects done during these sequences are just straight out ridiculous. When we are not on the battlefield, we are stuck in a boring (sometimes laughable) conversation between our cardboard cut out characters. I am serious when I say practically everything coming out of these people's mouths is hilarious. A lot of the time, I would just crack up anytime Matthew Lillard or Burt Reynolds tried to be dramatic.

I must also point out, the acting really is terrible in this movie. Burt Reynolds has a phoned in performance as the king while Matthew Lillard clearly isn't a dramatic actor. The guy playing the evil wizard also comes off flat and boring. However, I will give props to Jason Statham. I mean his performance really wasn't great, but still he really tried unlike his costars. Also, he is pretty hot.

To wrap up this review, I have to say this really is a stupid movie. At times, it's enjoyably stupid with a few good action scenes done by Jason Statham. Besides that though, In The Name of The King really is a boring movie with a recycled storyline and one note characters. The Writing is awful (when it's not being funny) and obviously director Uwe Boll should stay away from motion pictures. And no, I will not review the sequel.
½ November 19, 2013
For Uwe Boll: Decent
As a film: Fails in every way possible and more
½ November 17, 2013
Alas the usual tale that has been repeated a few times before to the extent that this becomes a formatted production. Actors are a strong cast who throw some effort into the production giving some suitable performances that give an entertaining air. The CGI is well incorporated into the fantasy land making for a believable view. Nibbles: Bread and Cheese.
November 16, 2013
I liked it, I don't know what everyone's problem is with this movie
November 16, 2013
One of the strangest ensembles ever put together. That's a criticism that could apply to every Uwe Boll production. There are some very odd casting choices, particularly Burt Reynolds as a fantasy genre king, and Matthew Lillard as a villain. It really feels as if the entire cast was made up of anyone who was in a good film before and was available at the time. Given that this is a Uwe Boll production, I probably don't need to tell you that the story is confusing and hard to follow, the dialogue is stilted, and most of the acting lacks any sort of passion or purpose. The only performer who seems to be trying is Jason Statham. It's not as bad as previous Uwe Boll productions but that also means that it isn't as much fun either.
November 6, 2013
definitely disappointed. not statham"s fault just a poorly put together film
½ October 27, 2013
Statham doing what he does best, just on a horse this time.
Could be about 30 mins shorter and ending was a disappointment
Having said all that if you want a no brainer wet weather fantasy film give it a go
½ September 16, 2013
For Uwe Boll: decent.
As an movie: Absolutely godawful in almost every sense but somewhat entertaining.
½ September 15, 2013
cheesy as hell but well made , a whole slew of B actors goes
September 13, 2013
It is a good idea and had good actors, but missed the mark.
½ September 11, 2013
The movie doesn't look that awful, actually it looks kind of decent, the action does look kind of cool, the acting is pretty good. I'm surprised that they got one of the Lord of the Rings actors in this movie, and that does sound kind of cool, and Jason Statham does a decent job in this movie, so yeah this movie is pretty decent. 3.5/5
September 10, 2013
Let's just say, smoke some pot and you've got a good comedy! I think that's what most of the cast and crew did whilst making it. I'd just like to know what the hell post production was doing when this film was going through the system?
September 8, 2013
Though it's a fairly ridiculous and derivative film with lame dialogue, I was entertained by the action, production designs, and Jason Statham's performance.
½ August 25, 2013
Man, talk about a cheap knock off of Lord of the Rings and any medieval type film. The movie deserves a one star but the action gets a 4 by itself.
½ August 5, 2013
A lot of great actors.....but a horrendous movie blech
July 31, 2013
A fun little piece of schlock that remains entertaining from start to finish. The movie fails on virtually every possible level of film making, from the shoddy editing, terrible casting, cheap production design, and the acting (oh, the acting), but works on it's own as a fun piece of crap with very little regrets after watching it.
½ July 31, 2013
Stilted acting, absurd writing, and cheap set design - everything you expect of an Uwe Boll movie.