In Therapy (Diva) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Therapy (Diva) Reviews

½ July 23, 2012
Funny and entertaining.
½ May 12, 2012
I was and never will be interested in this Spanish movie! It sucks!
½ October 7, 2011
I was and never will be interested in this Spanish movie! It sucks!
½ June 5, 2011
Charning Brazilian romantic comedy.
October 6, 2010
Real to life in at least on regard, this movie shows us someone in therapy as she is going through her story. This is not one session, or a even a week of sessions, with sprawling flashbacks to perform a character study. This is 3 years of therapy and the life that does on around it to cause it. The character is likeable and the audience is able to empathize with her. But, she is different enough to the point where we don't put ourselves in her shoes. In fact, it's almost as if we, the audience are Lopes, but with the ability to peek into those critical moments in her life as they happen. It was a different view, and I liked that. Also, all of the characters needed to be were fleshed out well. There are some really funny moments along with some very introspective moments. While the very last fram was too cliche for my tastes. But, this movie, where a woman deals with friend and relationship problems while trying to find herself, is pretty good and very engaging.
½ August 28, 2010
In Therapy (Diva) 1:30 NR

A 40ish married woman named Mercedes decides on a whim to visit a psychiatrist and proceeds to explore the ups and downs of her melodramatic life. Is she still attractive? Does she know how to have fun? Will she get a divorce?
And whatever happened to her best friend Monica? The movie is in Spanish with English subtitles. Three stars.

There are only two mild scenes that deal with death and violence in this movie: Mercedes gets knocked over on the dance floor and a woman dies in the hospital of natural causes.

There is only one violent preview for the Maya Indie film series, which features mostly violent movies (In Therapy
is the lone exception).