In Enemy Hands Reviews

• Jul 30, 2015

An absolue abomination. The fact that something like this could be made.. and then positively reviewed is proof positive that the end is near for mankind. Dreadful everything. Horribly implausible. Terribly written and directed. Satanically bad special effects and sets. Somebody who knew absolute ZIPPO about WWII submarine operations wrote this POS. I cannot overstate how abysmal this film is.

• Jul 12, 2015

Why can't pretty boy actors who play military men cut their hair to at least try to look like military men?!?!?

• Jul 11, 2015

The director probably shouldn't be making movies at all.

The director probably shouldn't be making movies at all.

• Dec 25, 2012

The plot here is an admirable one--soldiers on different sides of a war putting aside their differences to work together at saving all of their lives when prisoners bring a deadly disease aboard a submarine. But the acting, the script, the direction--everything about this production is first-class and the action nail-bitingly suspenseful and dramatic. All in all, In Enemy Hands rises above the average war movie in realizing that there are good, honorable men on both sides of a war.

• May 13, 2012

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    Dec 05, 2011

I watched this to see William H. Macy. Not the greatest of movies, but not terrible. The German actors were mostly top-notch. Some of the American ones were pretty sad, however...Lauren Holly, especially. The story itself was interesting....

• Mar 16, 2011

very good war drama , filmed in a submarine

very good war drama , filmed in a submarine

• Dec 21, 2010

• Dec 19, 2010

I rented it cause I wanted to see something else Scott Caan was in (other than the Oceans movies & Gone in 60 seconds) and I got a surprise.. Ian Somerhalder is in it LOL. Made in 2004 but looks more 90s. There?s subtitles as they are war with Germany in this. Scott Caan is on the cover as one of the stars of the movie & well? I won?t ruin it. Didn?t think it was great but didn?t hate it either. C

• Sep 27, 2010

Although there isn't much to show besides the war itself that it's 1943, the authentic submarines and vessals are greatly presented. Not a much as in The hunt for the red october or K19 The Widowmaker, but the fact that the men from both sides have to interact and eventually cooperate with eachother is somewhat more intresting. The acting on the interaction between the two enemies is very good (at least the german speak german). Everything is most authentic. the tension builds up queit largely with the stggering fact of the disease, forcing the men to the limit. Good, awesome war movie!