In Her Shoes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Her Shoes Reviews

½ August 24, 2014
It's one of those films where the performances are what the first half setting things up to show the film's heart in the second that makes the film better to enjoy. Also in this particular film during its second half, the representation of the film's heart is found out in one of the characters you least expect to represent. The character I'm talking about is Diaz's.

Diaz performed really well throughout the film. Her character starts out as a greedy, alcoholic bachelorette and an uncontrollable younger sister of Collette's character during the first half. Then by the time her character improves herself, the film does as well. So therefore, Diaz's character represents the heart of the film.

The film goes through on the relationships of two sisters trying to get along and helping each other out, and a grandmother they never knew about. You can find a good heart from this to make this film enjoyably likable with the comedy part of its branded dramedy genre appears when it's good timing like cheering few spirits up. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
July 24, 2014
this was a really good movie,the bonding between the two sisters is believable and it has funny and dramatic moments all combined in a very subtle way.
Cameron Diaz....instead of doing idiotic flicks like Sex Tape,you should stick to more stuff like this.seriously.
June 22, 2014
Horrible first half great 2nd
½ June 8, 2014
I admit that I am not a big Curtis Hanson fan, because of films like this one. You're better off with "L.A. Confidential" or "Wonder Boys".
June 2, 2014
It's Cameron Diaz!? dahh.
½ May 11, 2014
starts off rough, but with a really good finish
May 10, 2014
When Toni Colette is in a movie, I have much higher expectation.... But with Cameron Diaz I should've known better... This was too long!
May 2, 2014
Any woman with sisters can certainly relate. Watch it with yours.
April 11, 2014
Not what I expected...not sure I liked it.
½ April 6, 2014
Two excellent central performances and a story that doesn't rely on formula makes "In Her Shoes" a potent and memorable film.
March 3, 2014
I've seen this a few times now and always really enjoy it. Cameron Diaz is amazing as the irresponsible party girl and Toni Collette is always good, here she plays the sensible driven sister. It lines up like your regular romantic comedy/drama but the story is much deeper and I love discovering why 'Maggie' drinks so much and behaves the way she does. After the sisters have their big falling out and Maggie goes to stay with her grandmother its gets even better with the inclusion of Shirley MacLain and all the characters at the retirement village. One of my favorite scenes would have to be Maggie struggling to read to the blind, aging professor (Norman Lloyd). Powerful and sad. This really is about family and I like how their past is slowly revealed and all members in this damaged family get a chance to heal. I'm also partial to 'Rose' running up those infamous steps in Philadelphia. 03.02.14
March 2, 2014
good com- about family relationships
January 1, 2014
Really good movie! Good story, worth the watch for sure! not a movie i would buy or watch a bunch of times though
December 9, 2013
surprisingly, i kinda liked this.
November 23, 2013
One of those "I'm hung over on a sunday" type of movies
November 20, 2013
I own this on DVD in a five movie pack along with:
* Walk The Line (2005)
* Marley & Me (2008)
* Love & Other Drugs (2010)
* Water For Elephants (2011)
½ November 8, 2013
In her shoes cover's a lot of dramatic ground,but on a loose footing,making the sum of its parts lesser than the whole.
October 13, 2013
great film about relationships and how two people are great with one another even when they are opposites.
½ September 8, 2013
I would describe it as slow, boring, with annoying characters and lacking depth one would expect watching a movie about sibling rivalry.
September 1, 2013
I'm a dude and I love it :)