In Her Shoes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Her Shoes Reviews

July 11, 2013
"Well my Marsha's vigina is solid 24k gold"
½ June 30, 2013
really beautiful movie with great poetic excerpts
May 27, 2013
Friends. Rivals. Sisters.

Maggie est belle, fofolle et n'a aucun sens des responsabilités. Rose est intelligente, carriériste, mais a laissé tombé tout apprêtement physique. Elles sont surs et tout les oppose, sauf leur pointure de chaussures. Quand Maggie couche avec l'amant de Rose, c'est le clash. Les surs se retrouvent pour la première fois à devoir s'occuper chacune sans se soucier de l'autre, et vont se découvrir des facettes qu'elles ne soupçonnaient pas au gré de nouvelles rencontres.
Je ne me lasse pas de cette comédie sociale de 2005. Cameron Diaz excelle en petite peste au grand cur et Toni Collette incarne parfaitement la grande sur qui doit tout porter sur ses épaules. Parfois léger, à d'autres moments plus grave, ce film illustre les conflits qui peuvent survenir au sein d'une même famille : mensonges, maladie, trahison, abandon. Mais la complicité demeure, malgré le sérieux de certaines mauvaises actions. Pas parfait mais très agréable.
May 20, 2013
i own it but i haven't seen it yet
May 14, 2013
Different/Not bad/Kinda Liked...
May 4, 2013
Great performaces from both Diaz and Collette but a little too cliched for me.
½ May 1, 2013
Toni Colette and Cameron Diaz are a surprisingly good duo.
April 22, 2013
The trailer's looked gd
½ April 21, 2013
But its not the kinda film i thought it was, its quite emotional
April 14, 2013
Average American Drama
April 7, 2013
I love this movie! best chick flick ever!
March 12, 2013
could have been shorter
March 7, 2013
In Her Shoes is a good movie about sister's, family and love.
February 24, 2013
this film is long and centimental and about family and friendship
February 23, 2013
I loved this I got it the day it came out and watched it over a million times already lol
February 6, 2013
A strongly character driven film that both excels and disappoints.

Diaz again plays a flighty party girl who continually over relies and depends on her overly career driven but frumpy sister, Collette. MacLaine is excellent in her performance as their grandmother.

The reason this film worked for me was solely the development of characters and their relationships. The performances are solid and the journey the two women take is heartbreaking at times and ultimately uplifting given their achieved happiness. It's a feel good movie that takes you along on the bumpy parts and is broken up with some humorous interludes.

The reason people may feel disappointed with this film is that it does fall into the "chick flick" category on more than one occasion. It would be refreshing to be able to watch a character driven piece with such a strong female ensemble, without it having an air of this overly conscious female market to it. Whilst pleasing on many levels, a bit more guts to this film may have risen it from chick flick to drama that both sexes could enjoy. This film will be pigeon holed for women when there is so much within it that all audiences can enjoy.
February 5, 2013
It is a good movie about life :)
February 2, 2013
I wouldn't know what it would be like to be In her shoes women's feet are smaller then men's
January 29, 2013
I have both the movie and book and I gotta say the movie is better.
January 16, 2013
I won't lie, I saw it. Was very chck flicky, but wasn't terrible either.