In Her Skin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Her Skin Reviews

May 12, 2016
Very bizarre movie there Aussies but also quite interesting. It's a true story which makes it even more insane. A lot of sick people in this world.
½ January 23, 2016
My daughter was always different.

A young girl with depression and self confidence issues has some unique experiences babysitting a young girl growing up. Those experiences traumatized her in life. The girl's father tries to get help for her, but she still suffers from depression. She invites the girl she used to babysit over one night and things become intense.

"She said she was going to make a lot of money and not to worry."

Simone North delivers In Her Skin in her directorial debut and only movie on her resume. The storyline for this picture has a lot going on with inner demons, unique measures, and interesting character development. The fact this is a true story is also interesting. The acting is solid and the cast includes Guy Pearce, Sam Neill, Miranda Otto, Ruth Bradley, and Kate Bell.

"I hate myself. I hate this body."

This was recommended to me to me by Netflix so I added it to the queue. This is an interesting movie. I enjoyed the characters and overall pace of the film. This isn't the best movie in this genre, but it is well done and worth a viewing.

"I'm sick of cleaning up your mess."

Grade: B-
½ October 5, 2015
very slow start and no real turning point just plain blahh
½ August 23, 2015
I have only just seen this movie (thanks to Netflix) which was really gripping. But I was left wondering how Caroline transported Rachel's body to the farm. The movie omitted this very important detail.
½ March 14, 2015
The true story of Rachel Barber's disappearance and murder by her derranged and envious cousin, Caroline.
March 13, 2015
Ruth Bradley (Caroline) is an amazing actress! I wish there were more movies with her in to be honest.
March 10, 2015
Compelling but strained retelling of the tragic murder of an innocent girl by a deeply deranged jealous ex-babysitter. Grim to say the least.
½ February 14, 2015
I don't know that inferiority complex can be so wild !
October 27, 2014
A sad and disturbing true-crime tale from Australia that is so poorly made I guarantee it didn't do any poetic justice for the real family that was involved.
½ October 23, 2014
Terribly pretentious and weird.
½ September 1, 2014
This movie plays like a loli snuff hentai video game. Kudos to Ruth Bradley though, she scares the f*** outta me.

I'm a huge Guy Pearce fan and almost everything I've seen him in is in the pink but this one's in the stink.
½ March 2, 2014
based upon a true story
October 30, 2013
I don't know what people saw...I liked this film. I have children..this film was soo emotional. It was hard to watch. I knew Rachel would die but I was still not prepared for it, nor was I prepared for the moment the parents found out. The words "a true story" or "based on a true story" doesn't matter!Who cares about that crap? Rachel was really murdered by this psycho Caroline! It was horrible...I cried at the end of this movie. If there was bad acting or technical things out of place, etc. It doesn't matter! That young girl is dead all because some crazy psycho decided she should be. That message was clearly portrayed in the movie. I have read some people say the movie is weird.. Um duh! WTH is not weird about some nut case killing a young a girl?
I am quite sure that no matter who wrote the script, who directed the movie or who acted in the roles..NO ONE COULD HAVE TRULY CAPTURED THIS FAMILIES PAIN..OR THAT PSYCHO'S MINDSET!
½ September 18, 2013
I thought this film was utterly disturbing..... many scenes made me uncomfortable and almost sick. How sad and scary. It was good but a few scenes I could have done without....
August 21, 2013
kind of made me feel like i had been punched in the stomach. great
August 7, 2013
I've seen this film somewhere. Copycat film.
½ July 31, 2013
I mainly enjoyed the soundtrack.
½ July 30, 2013
great movie. It is amazing what producers and directors can do with a fraction of a Hollywood budget in other countries. They actually produce movies of substance instead of dribble for mass consumption.
½ July 25, 2013
I enjoyed this (if that's possible considering how uncomfortable it made me feel). The acting was solid, the story is true and heartbreaking, but it all felt uneven. There were some really strong parts, but then there were parts that felt incredibly rushed. This could have easily been a 5 star movie if there had been more of a focus on the girl that goes missing.