In Lieu of Flowers Reviews

• Sep 04, 2015

In Lieu of Flowers is a romantic drama about love loss and how we deal with both these subjects. Basically 2 young people through their loss and there group therapy about loss find each other and start to have a relationship. They both have so much issues it gets in the way of them trying to start something. This reminds me of Sidewalks of New York but a B-grade version of that. It's not bad but average. I would say it does manage to tell the story in such a small time frame with a small budget. THe subject matter is very much adult and this is the audience that should watch this. There is no crescendo its pretty flatline but does have an ending whether you approve the ending or not is up to you it has an ending. Ohh by the way don't be fooled Melissa Rauch plays a role for 5 minutes and is not really vital for the story line. Although I like her the role is less than a supporting role.

• Aug 14, 2015

Well done. Good cinema. Excellent acting and solid script keeps the movie moving. Enjoyable perspective of love in between.

• Jun 02, 2014

Watched this not knowing what to expect, which probably helped the film for me from the start. The acting, premise, script and direction are all very solid, however I found myself really bothered by the cinematography... I can't describe it other than to say that it looked like a superbly executed university project! The recurring dream shots of Eric's girlfriend could have been more visually stunning and certain shots could have been less warm to reflect the 'real world' style of the screenplay. However I wasn't tempted to look at my watch and was happy that the film held its nerve right to the end!