In Like Flint - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Like Flint Reviews

January 30, 2015
Tacky riff on James Bond that's not particularly funny or thrilling. Many scenes generate eye-rolls or unintentional laughs. The lone bright spot is Jerry Goldsmith's groovy score.
January 20, 2015
Parodia de James Bond, se nota el paso del tiempo.
½ September 14, 2013
This movie ends by showing a threesome in space.
September 1, 2013
Found a copy of this at the library and decided to check it out. I will admit right out the gate, the first reason I thought of this was Austin Powers, "I think I'm going to watch a moovie, In Like Flint, my favorite!" So basically curiosity got me, and it really wasn't all that bad. I was a bit thrown with all the gadgets and spy stuff in the beginning with no intro story. Sure 007 does it, but we know who we are going to see. This was different, Flint was a mix of 007, Q and Aquaman. That's right, a scientific spy that talks to marine life! The plot was pretty good, with a slight twist of the enemy. Feminism is front and center as a plot point. So is the space race and kung fu. A bit cheesy for today, but it fit when this was made. Flint probably would not be able to take 007 in any of his forms. This one is all in the eye of the beholder (viewer).
August 8, 2013
A somewhat enjoyable film based mostly on its political incorrectness.
½ June 6, 2013
Oh shut up. Even Austin Powers liked it.
June 1, 2013
Released at the height of the James Bond craze as the Cold War raged, Derek Flint was the best spy spoof until Don Adams became Maxwell Smart. Mike Myers would steal liberally from this to create Austin Powers 30 years later.
½ May 23, 2013
The sequel to "our man Flint". Once again Flint proved he is the coolest of cool (and a lady's man)
February 26, 2013
Not bad for a sequel,but it dleviers the same quality as in Our Man Flint, a must see for spy fans!
½ November 29, 2012
It's not quite as good as "Our Man Flint", but this one is still a lot of fun. Usually Bond spoofs are self-deprecating ... they make fun of the genre by depicting master spies who aren't very good at their job. That wouldn't work for James Coburn. In the Derek Flint films, the joke is how awesome he really is. That's Coburn for ya.
November 16, 2012
Now this is how you make a paradoy.
September 30, 2012
Great Bond spoof. Remember when the Bond movies were actually fun?
August 21, 2012
Not that the first one is great, but this one is not good.
½ July 25, 2012
Quality dipped on this second spoof installment, was less serious than the first and it suffered as a result but still a decent watch
½ June 19, 2012
The second of the Flint duology, this one isn't as sharp as the first one was, though Coburn and Cobb are still fun to watch. The plotline is even more outlandish that the first, but this time the hijinks don't feel quite as fresh; indeed, the pacing is a particular problem, something that should never be the case in a comedy. It's a decent diversion overall, but OUR MAN FLINT is superior.
June 15, 2012
Austin Powers if it were done in the sixties. It's fuckin' awesome.
June 1, 2012
Awesome, super spy and Man of Mystery joins forces with an army of super-hot, '60s, bikini-clad women (who plan to take over the world with a brain-washing hairdrier) to foil a diabolical plot to take over/destroy the world. Yeah ... who wouldn't like this movie? The movie was almost as good as the Austin Powers spoofs of the Super Spy.
½ May 1, 2012
Spoof on James Bond in the 60's, still a good movie to watch
January 25, 2012
Great spy spoof. It even mentions my hometown!
January 24, 2012
i remember seeing this with my parents at the drive in