In Like Flint - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Like Flint Reviews

½ September 13, 2009
Ladies, this, of course, is Derek Flint.

Derek Flint is a genius who sits at home in his mansion writing books and communicating with dolphins. When the president of the United States is captured by a group of women who hope to rule the world, a secret organization comes calling for his aid. Flint agrees to take the mission and return the president within two weeks; after all, he is a genius?how much longer could it take?

?You know I?m no Don Juan.?
?That?s for certain, sir.?

Gordon Douglas, director of Stage Coach, The Miracle, Follow that Dream, Santiago, Young at Heart, Girl Rush, Niagara Falls, and General Spanky, delivers In Like Flint. The storyline for this picture is not overly imaginative (thought it may have been at the time). This felt like a combination of Ace Ventura and Austin Powers. The acting, specifically by Richard Coburn, was wonderfully entertaining. The women throughout the picture were beautiful.

?By this time tomorrow, women will be running the world.?
?Women running the world, you can?t be serious.?

Our Man Flint and In Like Flint are two pictures my wife has been wanting to see for some time. Fortunately, we received the Ultimate Flint box set for our anniversary. While this picture was entertaining, it was not as good as I had hoped. The comedic content was inconsistent and the action sequences were a bit slow and methodical. Overall, Coburn is fun to watch and the film unfolds nicely, but the run time is a bit longer than it needs to be. This is worth seeing but may not need to be in your DVD collection

?It is refreshing to be with beautiful women.?

Grade: B-
½ July 19, 2009
Spoof on James Bond in the 60's, still a good movie to watch
July 12, 2009
Funnier, than the 1st Flint flick. It's easy to see why this is one of Mike Myer's favorite films to watch as there is a lot of stuff here that he later borrowed or built on for his Austin Powers goof movies. This film is less violent than the first film and the "plot" is more developed and clips along at a fun pace. If you like spy spoof movies this is a fun one to watch. Make love not war, baby.
July 5, 2009
I love Our Man Flint
½ May 26, 2009
Slightly better than the first movie, it still has a level of ridiculousness but it is far toned down from Our Man Flint. The plot was also a little better in this movie.
April 7, 2009
you gotta enjoy the bond movies to enjoy this and I do and did
March 17, 2009
Eons better than Our Man Flint, ILF ups the sexist (and sexy!!) quotent by several notches and makes Flint a wee bit more believable this time around. Colorful, action-packed, and really a lot of fun, I have no idea why there wasn't more of these movies made.
½ March 10, 2009
Precursor to Austin Powers. The original man of mystery? Funny at times. The attempted takeover by Women is sadly foiled.
March 7, 2009
Fun take off on the Bond movies that were new to the public then
February 23, 2009
This was an absolute bore. Some good jokes, but a lame story, atrocious acting, and terrible sets make this painful. I will admit, however, that I skimmed a few parts, haha...
February 21, 2009
Who can't love these movies? They're almost as good as The President's Analyst!
November 8, 2008
Derek Flint is back and the production values are better. The president is replaced by a double as part of a scheme to overthrow the male-dominated government of the United States by a cabal of rich feminists (replace a patriarchy with a matriarchy). Flint's boss (Lee J. Cobb again) suspects something is amiss and sends in the greatest secret agent in the world. Flint suspects a high-placed mole in U.S. intelligence and ends up in Moscow trying to find the man's identity before hijacking a Soviet airliner bound for Cuba to infiltrate the...well, if you are interestested watch the film. Coburn is, as usual, very cool but surprisingly funny as he delivers deadpan comic lines.
½ October 13, 2008
Worthy follow up. If you liked the first, then this won't disappoint.
September 21, 2008
Very, very silly. It would have been better if it cared more about its silliness.
½ September 10, 2008
Step aside Austin Powers. All the ladies know that Flint is the real man of mystery. In this movie alone, Flint (1 speaks to dolphins in their native tongue (2 shows off his professional theatrical ballet skills (3 battles thugs on a trampoline (4 uses his sonic belt buckle gadget to help him escape from being cryogenically frozen (5 foils the plot of some old lady who feels that women should take over the world {"no longer will we stay in the shadows with our dishwater hands"}, and finally (6 has a threesome with 2 female Russion cosmosauts while orbiting Earth. Derek Flint, you are the man.
½ August 30, 2008
60s spoof of the spy movie genre. Wild and funny.
½ August 4, 2008
'That's impossible...of course it's impossible that's why he's Derek Flint'. For all you Coburn fans this is a must see.
July 25, 2008
the plot is WAY too slow
½ July 24, 2008
It's Austin Powers' favorite movie, and I own it! A sinister cabal of beautiful vixens attempt to take over the world using their brainwashing beauty-parlor hair dryers! Egads!
July 6, 2008
The original Flint did well enough at the box office for 20th Century–Fox to invest more into the sequel, and it shows. The script is better developed, the sets are grander, the girls are prettier, and there’s more location filming. The plot is just as ridiculous but everything is better balanced, from sexy cosmonauts to cryogenic freezing. Flint here is da man, even if there are more appearances of James Coburn’s stunt double this time.