In Like Flynn Reviews

• Oct 16, 2019

And the Studios wonder why the "movie experience" is on its arse ? Flynn struck gold early, because he had little or no competition. This "concoction" is based on a book he wrote ? Please, he could barely act never mind compose a work of literature. Utter hogwash, as he might have put it.

• May 29, 2019

Rated R? I honestly thought I was watching a PG rated disney movie. The entire thing could have been animated and made for TV. The concept was good, execution and timing was crap. Remove 10 scenes and develop the rest, and you might have a decent movie. What a waste of 90 min.

• May 27, 2019

A fun ride with an exciting and dedicated cast that meshed together well!

A fun ride with an exciting and dedicated cast that meshed together well!

• Apr 29, 2019

In Like Flynn has an incredible cast that brought the true story of Errol Flynn's adventure to life. Every performer created realistic and engaging depictions, as they also had me emotionally involved with each of their characters. Especially amongst Flynn and his three companions, Dook (William Moseley), Rex (Corey William Large), and Charlie (Clive Standen), they contained an on-screen chemistry that developed into a larger theme of friendship and loyalty in the film. All performers were able to bring a beloved, classic adventure, so I highly recommend you see their performances in In Like Flynn.

• Apr 26, 2019

I can't think of anything better than a movie that can take you on an incredible adventure while delivering a story full of emotion and charm as "In Like Flynn" does. Following a pre-Hollywood Errol Flynn, the film was able to take me on a journey with the crew as they sailed the open seas to find gold on Papua New Guinea. With its retro cinematography and fast-paced plot, the film was as enchanting and charming as Flynn himself, portrayed by Thomas Cocquerel who masterfully captured the daring and ruggedly handsome character of Flynn. I loved the way the film was constantly moving with larger-than-life action around every corner, causing me to be so engrossed with the action on the screen. If you are looking for a film with a fun story and delightful characters, then I highly recommend you watch this one!

• Apr 26, 2019

Russell Mulcahy's In Like Flynn has everything I could want in an action-packed tribute film plus an entertaining and comedic dialogue. This film takes you into the life of Golden Age Hollywood actor Errol Flynn. While many people are familiar with his extensive Hollywood and film resume, his life before fame is even more noteworthy. Flynn was a charming and risky man who had a thrill for adventure. In Like Flynn delves into this pivotal time of Flynn's life that eventually kickstarted his career and allowed his fame to skyrocket. The film does a magnificent job showcasing Flynn's personality by incorporating hilarious character dialogue and thrilling action scenes. In Like Flynn is a fascinating watch that can be appreciated by any audience and age.

• Apr 26, 2019

In Like Flynn follows the obscene adventures taken by Errol Flynn which were all documented in his book "Beam Ends". This film really highlights Flynn's personality and character traits which are far different from the average human, but in a way it heroizes him and portrays him as someone who can accomplish anything with a positive mind set and a little bit of sweet talking. I thoroughly enjoyed this film and I highly recommend it if you like action, mystery, comedy, or even a little bit of romance.

• Apr 26, 2019

In Like Flynn brings all of the excitement that blockbuster adventure films have to offer and moulds it to live up to the daring legacy of Errol Flynn. The film's reminiscence of Pirates of the Caribbean paints a picture of Mr. Flynn that is truly larger than life, while its relatable character development aids in the suspension of disbelief that a man could have such an adventurous spirit. The film's high-budget feel blended into a down-to-earth biopic makes for an engaging depiction of an absurd man.

• Apr 25, 2019

Based off of his own autobiography, High Beams, In Like Flynn propels the mystique surrounding the late Hollywood actor and keeps his legend alive. As he was so obviously a legend during his career within the golden age of Hollywood, fans of his might like to know that even before his life on the big screen, Flynn lived a life just as extravagant and remarkable as any of his on-screen personalities. The film is focused on Flynn's adventure to find gold in Papua New Guinea, after he leads an expedition through its wilderness with a couple of Hollywood producers looking to get some good B-roll of the country's indigenous people. The film takes place during Flynn's voyage to New Guinea which included many stops and obstacles along the way including a town whose mayor also happened to be a priest and run an underground boxing ring. Thomas Cocquerel, portraying Flynn in the film, does an excellent job of filling out the role as the exuberant adventurer with all of the same bravado and style that one might expect from the late Errol Flynn. Other notable performances include: William Mosely, known for his role as Peter in the Chronicles of Narnia, and Clive Standen, whose best known for his role as Rollo in the series Vikings. With a lively assembly of actors, a story from Errol Flynn's own penmanship, and plenty of action backed scenes, In Like Flynn accomplishes its goal of entertaining and inspiring its audience.

• Apr 25, 2019

In Like Flynn is a fun and adventurous film about the legendary actor Errol Flynn and it covers his adventures as a treasure hunter before his days on the big screen. Before appearing in movies such as The Adventures of Robin Hood and Captain Blood, Errol Flynn was a treasure hunter, seeking gold believed to be hidden within the jungles of Papa New Guinea. Because he learned the ins and outs of the jungle, he took a job as a guide for Hollywood filmmaker Joel Schwartz which gave him the funds he needed for a proper expedition. Persuading pals Rex and Dook to join him on his newly procured boat, they were about to set sail when the boat's original owner, Charlie, tried to steal it back. Working his magic, Flynn convinced Charlie to join his crew and the quartet set sail for the mythical riches of Papa New Guinea. I really enjoyed the casting in this movie. Thomas Cocquerel did an excellent job at portraying the Flynn and I thought that captured his spirit perfectly. Corey Large did an equally good job playing Rex. These two gentlemen made an excellent team and the chemistry between them is undeniable from the beginning. I really liked this movie and recommend it to any Errol Flynn fan.