In My Country - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In My Country Reviews

½ August 18, 2008
actually really stirring. Of course, the Almighty Samuel L. Jackson is amazing in his role, but the storyline, based on stories of the apartheid was actually interesting to watch. well done.
½ July 30, 2008
An interesting film this dives the viewer into the uneasiness of how to handle a post-apartheid South Africa.
July 29, 2008
It's a good movie, I don't know about great but I would say it makes me want to know a lot more about the Truth and Reconciliation project and if there are other ways/places of hurt where it could be applied. So I guess it's a good movie in terms of what it makes you start thinking about rather than fully in and of itself. That's okay with me.
July 21, 2008
Excellent acting by Juliette as usual. Very poignant portray of the difficulties in facing horrific history and how it is viewed globally.
½ June 23, 2008
A very educational film.
June 5, 2008
Not interested in watching
May 28, 2008
A film on Apartheid. One I had not heard of - a pleasant surprise. Informative.
May 28, 2008
This film was incredibly disappointing! How could you take such an amazing theme as the post-Apartheid truth and reconciliation commission and turn it into such Hollywood schmaltz? And why did two great actors, Samuel L. Jackson and Juliette Binoche, agree to take part with such an awful script? Don't get me wrong, the theme and reenactments from the commission were amazing, but this would have made a much better documentary than a cheesy flick!
April 24, 2008
awesome... Samuel L J is the man..
½ April 4, 2008
This movie was ok...
March 23, 2008
No! Please! I've had to much SOuth African history shoved down my throat, from school, television, personal experience. DARN IT IT'S NOT MY FAULT THERE WAS APARTHEID IN SOUTH AFRICA! Jeeeeeez man! I just can't watch this, out of sheer annoyance. And I'm not racist either.
February 27, 2008
Made me cry.
No easy answers such as black and white, right and wrong.
See it!
February 22, 2008
a have to see movie for those of us who didn't know much about the apharteid in south africa, an eye opener. heart braking. the idea and concept of the "unbundu" should be spread around the world.
February 21, 2008
everybody in colombia must see this movie
½ January 8, 2008
A sad story about apartheid, cruelty, big hearts and forgiveness. It leaves me with a feeling of wanting to know more.
½ December 20, 2007
Beautiful, heart-breaking and thought provoking. I might not watch it again any time soon, but this is one fine movie. Known also as "Country of my skull"
½ December 3, 2007
Nice actors, interesting topic, and a moving script.
November 19, 2007
I think that there is not much to say about the plot, other than that it was shocking and making me deeply sad. I thought it was very unfortunate that there had to be an affair between the 2 main characters...please! This was so not necessary in a movie like this!
November 13, 2007
This is not a movie who will win Oscars for Juliette Binoche or Samuel Jackson. But it has the merit to let us know what really happened in South Africa when Apartheid was abolished. I discovered UBUNTU and it gave me a new perspective on forgivness.