In Name Only - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Name Only Reviews

June 10, 2008
I wish I could watch every movie ever made but I sadly don't have the time. I'm not interested in this movie because I don't think I'll like it or don't know enough about it to think I might like it. I may still end up seeing it some day though.
June 2, 2008
Again! Get the tissues out!!
February 3, 2008
It's just further proof that women will fight to the death over Cary Grant. And who wouldn't?
October 27, 2007
adorable adorable movie
October 26, 2007
aww i almost cried, it was so sweet!
October 15, 2007
A well crafted little film worth watching for the tender and passionate scenes between Carole Lombard and Cary Grant.
½ October 8, 2007
I found myself a little bored as I watched this. It's almost a very good movie, but I don't think it quite gets there. A lot of time is wasted in the middle when Maida is in Paris with Alec's parents in a plot device that gets dragged out far too long. But Cary Grant is pretty solid as always.
½ October 7, 2007
It's a pretty solid weepie, although a lot of the characters jump to conclusions that could have been solved had Alec just sat his parents down and explained things to them. Even so, you sympathize with him because he's such a lonely guy, and Carole Lombard is striking as Julie, who's pretty much dragged through the mud through no fault of her own. Even Maida (played well by Kay Francis) is initially somewhat forgivable--she's deceptive, sure, but she's also in denial about certain things. You do end up hating her though, and even if the ending is cliched, you're glad she gets her comeuppance. The movie works because of the performances, over all.
August 27, 2007
This is a lovely, poignant story well written and well acted. One of my favorite Lombard films of them all.
July 28, 2007
brill...two great icons..of the past...
July 14, 2007
KAy Francis does a tremendous job in this movie.
½ July 10, 2007
Enjoy the Classic movies
Good one
June 17, 2007
one of my favorite melodramas. Cary Grant could do it all.
June 12, 2007
Lombard gives a great dramatic performance, but Kay Francis kicks this film's ass.
June 11, 2007
I love this movie, it's one of my favorite cary grant movies, it's kind of dramatic, it's definitally worth seeing though.