47 Meters Down Reviews

• Oct 27, 2020

Beautifully done! I had a great time with this one! It really succeeded where few monster movies manage to. It provided tension, scary moments and it did made me hold my breath! Beside this year's The Shallows, we got In The Deep, which is a beautifully shot movie, good acting, nice reactions, pretty much the whole nine yards here. It was a great little movie, I'm just sad it didn't get the attention it should have. People need to know that this is not another low budget shark movie, but a damn good one! Watch it and you will not regret. It provides a great, great atmosphere and surely enough, most of you will enjoy it.

• Sep 05, 2020

The only shark movie i love is jaws

The only shark movie i love is jaws

• Birdy
    Aug 16, 2020

This was a really thrilling movie. (In my opinion) The choices in the movie that they made were super bad. One lady kept crying, but I would be crying if I was there too.. This was pretty good and the twist was very surprising. I was give it 60 Rotten Tomatoes.

• Jul 28, 2020

What the hell happened in the end? I'm still confused. This was a horrible movie, waste of my night lol ugh!!

• Jul 11, 2020

Some pretty terrifying moments with a great ending. The claustrophobia is real in this film

• Jul 07, 2020

Good pacing, but the plot gets kind of tiring pretty fast

Good pacing, but the plot gets kind of tiring pretty fast

• Jun 24, 2020

It took me several years to finally make myself watch 47 Meters Down, because of the reviews and boy am I disappointed I waited 3 years. 90 minutes of absolute claustrophobic terror. Forget the sharks that are waiting to devour our two ladies, the real scares come from the claustrophobia, darkness and isolation.....and the hopeless feeling of being trapped under 150 feet of water in the dark with a very limited supply of oxygen. As a massive horror movie fan I am surprised to say this, but for me, this is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. After seeing The Abyss I developed a intense fear of being lost under hundreds of feet of water in complete darkness, complete silence, without any kind of light to guide your way with absolutely no idea which direction your going. When she finds herself in this exact situation......that's when I lost it. This film ABSOLUTELY terrified me to the core. I do not agree with the critics on this one, sorry. One of the complaints I see is character development. Really? The movie takes place almost completely in real time. You have 2 people trapped in a cage in darkness, with large predators circling and only about an hours worth of oxygen. There's no time or even a need to concentrate on character development. That's not the objective of this film. We're being forced into their dire situation.....not there lives. That's not what the filmmakers are trying to achieve here. When it comes to what they ARE trying to achieve here......they hit it completely out of the park. And in the end gut punch us with something many of us might not be expecting. A must see.

• Jun 16, 2020

It's better than most of these types of films, but that's not saying much. There's really only one good shark movie. 47 meters mostly avoids being stupid, but it's not especially thrilling either. I just felt stressed watching it as if I couldn't remember if I'd left the stove on or something. Most of the plot is predictable and the leading lady can get a bit annoying but it's not a 'bad' shark movie. And the ending is... an interesting choice?

• Jun 08, 2020

Fantastic movie. Really scary and great jump scares. Very suspenseful. I absolutely recommend.

• Jun 05, 2020

I give this 29% Rotten Tomatoes!

I give this 29% Rotten Tomatoes!