In the Good Old Summertime Reviews

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Nov 07, 2019

Garland gets a few fantastic numbers that make it watchable but mostly this movie saps the charm, wit, and most importantly the stakes out of "The Shop Around the Corner".

• Feb 01, 2019

The best musical movie ever made!

The best musical movie ever made!

• Dec 29, 2018

An excellent musical film with great acting and incredible singing. Judy Garland does what she does best by enchanting us with her lovely voice

• Oct 24, 2018

In the Good Old Summertime is an excellent film. It is about two clerks in a sheet-music store who detest each other on sight. Van Johnson and Judy Garland give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Robert Z. Leonard did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the music and romance. In the Gold Summertime is a must see.

• Feb 25, 2016

Extremely pleasant musical adaptation of THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER, with Judy and Van a fun romantic comedy team; the great silent comedian Buster Keaton has a rather thankless supporting role.

• Jul 28, 2015

Light, but enjoyable musical. When Judy Garland is on top of her game, she is great. This may not be her masterpiece, but it's still charming and she shines in everything she does.

• Nov 29, 2014

Love it, four of Hollywood's best known and loved actors of all time. Shop Around the Corner with music, what more could you ask for!?

• Aug 08, 2014

I never saw the original Shop Around the Corner but I thought this one was well done. Judy Garland was so darn cute. I thought the lead actors complimented each other nicely. Such a cute story and got some laughs. Not my favorite Judy Garland film but love it just the same and sure I will be watching it again. :)

• Jun 24, 2014

Love this story!! Before "you've got mail" there was this gem!

Love this story!! Before "you've got mail" there was this gem!

• Feb 22, 2014

'Psychologically I'm very confused, but personally I feel just wonderful.'

'Psychologically I'm very confused, but personally I feel just wonderful.'