In the Park Reviews

• Ivan D Super Reviewer
    Oct 15, 2010

The weakest of the 5 Chaplin Essanay shorts that I've currently seen. Aside from the forgettable scenario, Chaplin has not been successful here in transforming the limitations of a park into comic gold.

• Aug 29, 2010

A lot of Chaplin's first movies aren't really that good, but this one was quite funny, although it might be a bit similar to some other shorts of his from that time. Among other things the hotel used for filming in this film is the same as in several of his other films.

• Sep 27, 2009

This should really be called In the Hotel, since more than two-thirds of the film takes place there. This one starts off on a good note, and by earning its goodwill, is able to sustain the laughs throughout. Nothing earthshatteringly different from Charlie's other shorts here, but the brisk pace and constant gags help it tremendously.

• Mar 02, 2008

The description makes it sound better than it looks. I don't recall anything about jumping in a lake, either. I thought it was hard to tell what the hell was going on. It's funny watching Chaplin tumble down steps, though.