In This Corner of the World (Kono sekai no katasumi ni) Reviews

• Apr 26, 2021

Amazing masterpiece. Katabuchi depicts a delicate fragment of a girl's life, based on a detailed record of Hiroshima in the 1940s. Katabuchi's approach to the film has reached a level of madness, examining everything from the names of US fighter pilots who attacked Kure Harbor to the aerodynamics of the fighter, as well as the type of bullet and the expected trajectory. If a Navy pilot in Hiroshima at the time was close to you, you should show the movie to the old man. Katabuchi's stunning art will instantly drag the entire audience into a corner of WWII's Japan.

• Mar 05, 2021

One of the most boring anime movies I've seen. I wasn't attached to the characters at all, and it felt like there was no story/plot.

• Feb 16, 2021

I had no idea what I was getting into when watching this. Heartbreaking and real. If watching with younger people just know it has graphic and tragic scenes.

• Oct 04, 2020

Beautiful movie!!!!!

Beautiful movie!!!!!

• Jul 19, 2020

Touching, slow paced story about the war done in a simple anime style with the feeling of being in a dream of a storybook.

• Apr 09, 2020

Beautiful animated film. It's beyond my expectation. Now I become a fan of director 片渕須直.

• Feb 02, 2020

Phenomenal, can't recommend this enough!

Phenomenal, can't recommend this enough!

• Nov 30, 2019

Wonderful story with much satisfaction.

Wonderful story with much satisfaction.

• Oct 19, 2019

An Unique perspective to describe a war... though there was not even a conversation really about the historic moment, but leads me to deep thinking and some unknown sides of history... the film is so gentle and uses fragile pictures to describe complicated inter world of humanity... leave enormous empty blank spaces for me as an audience to deep thinking and imagining... thank you for the great film and lesson 🦖🦖

• Oct 18, 2019

Surprisingly wonderful story set amongst one of the most awful events. Warm and touching, but doesn't shy away from tragedy.