In Your Hands (Contre Toi) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In Your Hands (Contre Toi) Reviews

½ February 3, 2013
Told through a flashback, a very particular that only french can perform, this great film tells us alot about human deffects and about its psique. Great performances, good story and script.
January 11, 2013
a true masterpiece done by Kristin Scott Thomas and Pio Marma´
½ December 16, 2012
August 11, 2012
Really not sure why the professional reviewers are not liking this one. I thought it was a fair attempt with some solid acting from the 2 leads. I would recommend it if you have a spare hour and a half.
½ July 8, 2011
This starts so well. We've seen kidnapping cellar thrillers before; yes we have; but this is unpredictable. It's without the usual audience shiver tricks. I female doctor is napped by the husband of a dead patient. He doesn't really want revenge. He just wants to make things even. He doesn't hate the doctor. This man wants balance.

It ends with a draw, the doctor escapes and slowly takes command. She wants things to be even, she wants balance and starts an affair with the kidnapper. It sounds a little silly, most of all because it's so obvious what the film wants to say. There is no real balance until the doctor has gone all the way and put the police on her lover/kidnapper.

OK, many of us have empty lives and seek desperately to get at last a draw. For a couple of days anyway. But this film can't even say what's right or wrong about this. You don't always need morals in a movie, but you should be able to tell whether that's the director's aim or not. Even if it's easy to tell the score so to say.
February 7, 2011
Particulier, malsain et passionn├ (C), le second film de Lola Doillon ne laisse pas indiff├ (C)rent et vous fait passer par toute une palette de sensations (redondantes) avant de vous laisser dans une expectative logique. Encore une fois Scott-Thomas est sensationnelle.
½ February 5, 2011
Un film d├ (C)rangeant et fascinant sur la relation entre otage et kidnappeur. Dommage que la r├ (C)alisation soit un peu faible, notamment dans ses sc├Ęnes de confrontation, car les acteurs sont tout simplement excellents (mais comment en attendre moins de Kristin Scott-Thomas)