Incendiary: The Willingham Case - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Incendiary: The Willingham Case Reviews

May 29, 2012
Saw this at the 2011 SXSW festival in Austin. GREAT MOVIE, learned a lot with the director's Q&A. I've met many of those in the movie and learned extensively about the story; I'm a Texas anti-death penalty activist, so yes, I am biased; however, I am also a believer in science and evidence. After I saw this movie, the doubt I had about Willingham's innocence was gone.
September 30, 2011
I've seen this movie five times. It is beautifully filmed, fascinating and disturbing. I see something new each time I watch it. The cut has also changed over time, as the filmmakers added an epilogue to bring viewers up to date with recent developments. Truly an eye-opening experience that produces lively post-show conversation.
½ September 28, 2011
My sentiments lie with the filmmakers; the death penalty is bad regardless of guilt or innocence. But the filmmakers interview the unsympathetic defense attorney in mic-shot of cocks crowing, while everybody else gets the dignity of an office interview. Feels an awful lot like loading the dice and furthering the rural/urban divide. Then the film gets mired in contentious official hearings.
August 13, 2011
Texas Guvnah Rick Perry ignored the science that underminded Willingham's conviction and refused to stay the execution. Just sayin...
July 10, 2011
I'm watching now, so I hope it's good...