Incendies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Incendies Reviews

December 9, 2015
Incendies is a brilliantly constructed film that will leave you in shambles as it does its main characters.
Grade: A+
½ December 2, 2015
An intense, gripping and absolutely wonderful drama that tells a devastating story about love, hate, secrets and amends, and it does so in a completely unpredictable way, with a powerful performance by Lubna Azabal and an unbelievable, jaw-dropping ending.
November 19, 2015
Hard going emotionally but bery powerful. We took the librarians advice and watched it with a stiff drink.
½ November 11, 2015
This movie is messed up, and I am sure Villeneuve is too. Incendies, or "Scourged," is an emotionally powerful French drama directed by one of the best directors working today. The story isn't anything special, but the execution is extraordinary. The writing, acting, cinematography, all amazing. The movie moves at a slow pace, but never lost my interest. The movie progressively gets better and better as it goes along, making way for one of the most brutal twist endings to a movie I have ever seen. This movie will stay in your head for a while, as most of Villeneuve's movies do. It isn't as engaging as Enemy or Prisoners, but beats Sicario by a thin margin. This is a movie you must watch if you love Villeneuve's movies, or you love good movies. 9.5/10
½ October 27, 2015
Bold and cruel. Denis Villeneuve's masterpiece is as powerful as the Greek tragedies.
October 20, 2015
Once again a smart, well directed drama signed by Villeneuve. Moving mostly the handling in a fictional mid-eastern area, confronting their problematic culture with pulsing realism. There is always a plan when Villeneuve makes a movie and it's crafted with pure brilliance.
September 20, 2015
The tale of a 3-dots tattoo! A masterpiece!
August 25, 2015
Exceptional!!! Best film in the history of cinema.
½ August 2, 2015
Incendies is a pleasantly unpleasant emotional experience all the way.
½ July 16, 2015
A challenging film about a young man & woman who find information of their father they never knew & a brother they never thought they had.

The go on an In Depth journey of learning & discovery as they travel to the Middle East.

The ending is very gripping but I feel I missed a lot of the key aspects of the film & I'm keen to revisit it in a few years.
½ July 8, 2015
Powerful stuff. Villeneuve is one of the best directors of the decade thus far.
½ July 1, 2015
I've wanted to see this film ever since I saw 'Prisoners' by the same director, but put on the back burner after I was disappointed by 'Enemy'. I really enjoyed this French Canadian film and even though it had subtitles, I still really enjoyed it. I didn't know much about the film and the summary on IMDb was vague, but that's for the best as you shouldn't know much about this film going into it as you will probably enjoy it more not knowing what it is about. The film is a little long and could have used some better editing to help the twists be more shocking, but the story and the performances more than make up for it. Also it uses Radiohead music 3 times in the film (definitely didn't expect to hear Radiohead in a French film that takes place in the Middle East). Overall, I really enjoyed this film and even though it's a little long, it is a very powerful and even sad at times, film.
½ June 21, 2015
Denis Villeneuve's Incendies is a shocking tale, and Mélissa Désormeaux-Poulin is a shining star in this film.
May 8, 2015
(10/10) ?????????????? ?????? ???????? ???????????????? ??? "???????"
April 21, 2015
I would of given it 5 stars but I found it to disturbing
March 25, 2015
Lo mejor de Denis Villeneuve, una historia sórdida con grandes momentos.
March 22, 2015
Show the brutality of war and what it creates from a Middle eastern perspective, This french movie is what Inception is if not made in a sci-fi way.
March 13, 2015
It's messy, overlong, and a touch melodramatic, but those flaws pale before Incendies' devastating emotional impact.
March 7, 2015
Horribly good movie. Not for the weak at heart.
March 4, 2015
tesadà 1/4fler biraz abartılı olsa da etkileyici bir film...