Incident at Loch Ness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Incident at Loch Ness Reviews

July 18, 2016
A load of fun that doesn't take itself too seriously.
½ February 22, 2016
Interesting and funny meta, in-joke mockumentary about the shooting of a documentary in which Herzog and crew hunt the Loch Ness Monster that eventually becomes a parody of itself and the film we are watching becomes the film within the film.
January 30, 2015
To the critics who panned this film--please, come up with something more original. That would be impressive. However, you're critics and incapable of producing an original thought
September 22, 2014
A brilliant mockumentary that is a MUST SEE for Werner Herzog fans!
½ August 23, 2014
Didnt care for this one too much. I'm a big found footage fan too. Just seemed like a lot of build up for nothing really. Didn't even feel any intense scenes in this one. Maybe if you enjoy Lochness Lore, you'll get something out of it.
July 15, 2014
Werner Herzhog vs Nessie. If that sounds remotely interesting to you, then you are going to eat this up with a spoon. A great mockumentary.
November 26, 2013
Incident at Loch Ness showcases the fun nature of watching a Herzog film (even though it wasn't directed by him). It contains the mockery and Herzog's playful personality with the 'truths' of cinema.
August 31, 2013
I watched this when it just came out. At the time I was a child and was actually quite interested in the whole cryptozoology thing, so normally this movie seemed very realistic to me. Today, when I look back, I still think the movie is entertaining, even though I now don't believe in such things. I somewhat interpret it as a mockery of many TV shows which are about "monster hunting" and try to present themselves as real (such as Destination Truth). If you like mockumentaries or found-footage movies, I recommend this one, at least it's not about hauntings or the supernatural like most are today.
½ August 20, 2013
I could watch Werner Herzog read his shopping list and not be bored. Guy is a genius.
August 2, 2013
A very creative mockumentary, or creative documentary. Herzog's presence is actually quite imposing and the film comes across as much more impressive than other creature feature films of the kind with its hands on approach and gripping pace, as well as a sense of humour and ability to create a suspenseful atmosphere.
½ May 17, 2013
If you are familiar with Werner Herzog's films, particularly his documentaries, you will enjoy this. One of the best mockumentaries I've seen. This wouldn't work with many other people other than Herzog. He lends instant credibility to this project. So much fun.
½ January 5, 2013
Slight, but good fun.
½ October 28, 2012
A mockumentry on the filming of a documentry that goes horribly wrong.... meta enough?
Herzog is always entertaining to listen to.
½ September 6, 2012
Total crap. Iam astonished that somebody liked it.
I do not think it was worth to make copied and screen it...
The festival that awarded it looses totally its credibility
August 7, 2012
Meh. This is a slow mockumentary of a documentary/film shoot at Loch Ness involving director Zak Penn and Werner Herzog. I'm sure it was fun for the filmmakers, but even as a Herzog fan I wasn't amused.
August 3, 2012
I will watch anything with Werner Herzog in it.
July 16, 2012
This fake documentary was really well done,its funny, but the performances were really bad, the leads had to convince us that there was really a Monster at Loch Ness...
July 8, 2012
I love Werner, but what was the damn point? Funny at times, but why waste time on moku, when you are Werner and you can spend time on docu... I guess he really liked Zak.
June 26, 2012
Surprising mockumentary well-balanced between comedy and horror, with an even more surprising Werner Herzog that reminds Orson Welles in F for Fake. Funny and disturbing for the occasional viewer, smart and provocative for the cinephile.