An Inconvenient Truth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

An Inconvenient Truth Reviews

June 15, 2017
This movie is facts and as ugly and as terrifying it seems, it is necessary to at least be aware of our hazardous effects on our world.
½ May 9, 2017
More garbage by dumb people. AL Gore has no common sense and failed science. He now has fake science trying to brainwashed people into thinking global warming is real. Once again rotten tomatoes was paid to give a good rating to trash and fake science.
April 30, 2017
This movie is a very educational and a thrilling picture. Not knowing what to fully expect when recommended this movie, I was very intrigued and surprised by the information given in the video. Knowing a thing or two about pollution caused me to know a little on what the movie was acknowledging, but at the same time it caused me to realize that i didn't know enough.
January 30, 2017
"An Inconvenient Truth" is Al Gore's Oscar-winning documentary about global warming. Regardless of your stance on the issue, his PowerPoint presentation that details the science behind the theory is very interesting. In an attempt to add substance so that this documentary feels like more than a video archive of a lecture, the directors interspersed some random musings from Gore's childhood about playing in nature. It is an attempt to humanize the politician but seems more awkward than anything. Gore adds some comedy into his talk to keep it from being too dry, including a Simpsons-style animation to explain global warming and his demonstration of numbers being off the chart. These are in good taste but the film could've delivered its global warming message without taking cheap shots at George W. Bush for being elected president. That sequence feels more like sour grapes than a motivator in spreading Gore's environmental message. "An Inconvenient Truth" is very informative if you aren't well-informed on the theory of global warming and the potential effects on the earth if it exists. Even if you don't buy it, this will allow everyone to have an educated discussion on this environmentalist crusade.
January 22, 2017
This documentary movie is accessible and avisable to everyone, it has an enlightening information and well-grounded script, and it counts with good performances by Al Gore. One of the best documentaries about global warming.
½ January 10, 2017
Eye opening. Too bad it took so long for the world to accept the truth. Maybe it was too heavy handed
½ January 8, 2017
An Inconvenient Truth means well and presents a good goal, but that is all I can say that is good about it. It is otherwise an immensely overrated, frustrating movie that put Al Gore at the center of it which is a choice that is bad for many reasons and it is just a technically awful movie (consisting of basically one giant slideshow) that did not deserve its Oscar at all.
December 31, 2016
a film, as the title states, point out global warming's inconvenient truth
½ November 7, 2016
My opinion that global warming is more theory than fact remains after watching "An Inconvenient Truth," however, Al Gore's compassion for environmental preservation transcends his stiff demeanor. Forget about Al Gore's embarrassing presidential candidacy - if this documentary makes you think twice about doing something environmentally-unfriendly (leaving lights on when they're not being used, putting that plastic bottle in the garbage rather than the recycling can, etc.), then I'm all for it. We may disagree about the reality of global warming, but I believe that everyone can and should strive to keep a clean and healthy environment.
October 31, 2016
A documentary on the threat that climate change poses to the Earth - it's causes, effects and history and potential solutions to it. Presented by Al Gore through a lecture that he has given to audiences across the globe, plus through more introspective moments.

A well-made, confronting, thought-provoking documentary. Well researched and planned - Al Gore engages you with the doom factor - gently at first but more forcefully as then movie goes on - and then provides hope at the end.

Great presentation by Al Gore. I was expecting a dry, bombarded-by-numbers-and-facts delivery and, while there is a bit of that (as there needed to be, to an extent), Al Gore makes the whole experience quite entertaining, while chillingly depressing at the same time. His delivery is spot-on and the use of visual aids (graphs etc) is very helpful.

It does feel a bit manipulative at times and certain aspects to his argument do stray from setting out scientific evidence to editorialising, sentimentality or scoring political points. These would be the only negatives.

Overall, a very informative, hard-hitting documentary.
½ October 27, 2016
Pretty good for the time. Not sure how it will hold up.
½ September 29, 2016
Discredited propaganda
½ September 6, 2016
Educating people about global warming is an important topic for the survival of the human race, which is why I give it 2 1/2. But a lot of this doc takes forever to make its points. And Al Gore is possibly the worst spokesperson for this topic. Yes, he was an early advocate for regulation to reverse global warming, but he constantly comes across as an arrogant douche as if he thinks he himself is a scientist. Guess what Al, you're not a scientist. You need to give a hell of a lot more credit to the actual scientists who did all the hard work.
August 20, 2016
Global warming is b*llsh*t
July 2, 2016
4.25. Totally eye-opening
½ May 24, 2016
Intriguing perspective of one of many problems facing our current era today.
May 24, 2016
It took just 10 years to become a whole lot more inconvenient.
April 21, 2016
It's really just a recording of a lecture. I've sat through a lot of lectures. It'd need to be a really good lecture for there to be a film of it. Like, it'd need to be a really big deal, like, important and stuff. Like, maybe there's, like, a truth that we, like, need to face but, like, it is inconvenient for us? Like, maybe the world is dying or something and humanity could do a lot to resolve that. Also, maybe Al Gore is relevant again or something. Yeah, that would make a good lecture I guess.
½ April 13, 2016
This a Certified Fresh Rotten Tomato for me
½ December 5, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed. Understand this is a very simplified way to grasp whats happening. A great way for the masses to be introduced to global warming in a simplistic manner.