An Inconvenient Truth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

An Inconvenient Truth Reviews

February 4, 2015
A very compelling documentary, that is still relevant today 2015.
January 29, 2015
Nails the balance between education and entertainment for a cause that should have more light shone on it more often. Full review later.
½ November 5, 2014
Taking care of our environment is the utmost of importance, but Gore muddies a brilliant idea for a movie with too many personal soliloquies and personal anecdotes. Political motivations aside from the hard evidence don't belong in an already controversial film, and Gore's tendency to mix opinion with evidence destroys a film that could have been great.
November 1, 2014
WOW.....WOW....WOW....JUST WOW.....WOW....THIS IS SUCH A POWERFUL DRAMA MOVIE 2 WATCH.......I THINK THAT THIS IS SUCH A REALLY REALLY SAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, AS IT IS SO SAD IN SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....I think that this is such a fascinating movie 2 watch, it is so so so sad, movie 2 watch but it is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch,.....I think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch, it is such a powerful movie 2 watch, it is so so so powerful movie 2 watch,

An Inconvenient Truth is a 2006 Academy Award winning documentary film directed by Davis Guggenheim about former United States Vice President Al Gore's campaign to educate citizens about global warming via a comprehensive slide show that, by his own estimate made in the film, he has given more than a thousand times.

Premiering at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival and opening in New York City and Los Angeles on May 24, 2006, the documentary was a critical and box-office success, winning two Academy Awards for Best Documentary Feature and Best Original Song. The film grossed $24 million in the U.S. and $26 million in the foreign box office, becoming the ninth highest grossing documentary film to date in the United States.

The idea to document his efforts came from producer Laurie David who saw his presentation at a town-hall meeting on global warming which coincided with the opening of The Day After Tomorrow. Laurie David was so inspired by Gore's slide show that she, with producer Lawrence Bender, met with Guggenheim to adapt the presentation into a film.

Since the film's release, An Inconvenient Truth has been credited for raising international public awareness of climate change and reenergizing the environmental movement. The documentary has also been included in science curricula in schools around the world, which has spurred some controversy.

I think that this is such a really fascinating movie 2 watch, it is so so so sad, movie 2 watch but it is so so so powerful it is so really well directed/presented/written movie 2 watch. man this is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch, it is such a really sad movie 2 watch but it is so fantastic movie 2 watch, with a great cast throughout this movie.....it is such a sad movie 2 watch, but it is so fantastic movie 2 watch......
October 28, 2014
This documentary movie, is accessible and avisable to anyone with an enlightening information and well-grounded argument, and with good performances by Al Gore. One of the best documentarys about global warming.
October 17, 2014
½ October 2, 2014
twisted misleading movie. bad science fiction.
awful script.
September 21, 2014
Al Gore had done a really good presentation nearly a decade back, filmed in this 2006 award-winning informative documentary of the global warming problem, backed-up with stunning visuals and a typical environmental message. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 8, 2014
Horribly inaccurate but entertaining
½ August 7, 2014
Some facts are a bit squiffy, but still vital viewing.
July 23, 2014
"I'll make a movie, a movie starring me!" I thought South Park was joking about that, its way funnier that they were serious
July 14, 2014
bit too conservative
July 9, 2014
A phenomenally important film..
½ June 24, 2014
I'm totally aware of climate change and its consequences, but this movie is nothing but a big commercial for Al Gore. A man who flies around in his private jet (and contributes to global warming) and whose wife is a supporting figure for musical censorship should be a shame for the Democratic party. In addition the facts and figures in this movie aren't based on scientific work respectively were confuted by real scientists. All in all this film represents populist fearmongering at its best.
June 18, 2014
For real. Al Gore man... One minute he's showing a powerpoint on the ice caps melting, next he's on a gas guzzling jet.
garyX
½ May 13, 2014
An Inconvenient Truth is a documentary built around Al Gore's turn on the lecture circuit concentrating on the causes and consequences of Global Warming. Because of this, it can feel a little like "The Al Gore Show" and it probably would've helped its credibility if he had included interviews with the actual scientists responsible for the data and its interpretation, but Gore's broad stroke approach makes for an interesting presentation that never gets too technical and as such is always easy to understand for the lay man. Of course anyone who does not wish to agree with the conclusions will decry it as propaganda but anyone who dismisses the obvious scientific consensus clearly either has an agenda of their own (namely the already obscenely wealthy afraid it will threaten their profit margins) or are just burying their head in the sand (namely people who do not wish to pay a few extra pennies of tax although when the cost of living increases exponentially thanks to failed crops and sky rocketing fuel prices, they sure will be kicking themselves...) There's little here that I didn't already know but that fact is actually quite astonishing as it proves that the information here has been readily available for decades, yet the capitalist elite and their political cronies are STILL dragging their feet when it comes to doing anything about it, even now! But the lasting impression the film made on me was the knowledge that an intelligent and eloquent man who was the true President Elect was cheated out of office by a man who was always going to be part of the problem and not part of the solution, which is yet another example of an appalling waste.
½ May 1, 2014
Not sure if watching Al Gore get off to pictures of himself would've been any more informational.
April 28, 2014
Whether or not you like Al Gore and whether or not you believe in global warming this contains some startling facts that everyone should think about. It confronts one of the most important issues that governments and individuals around the world need to address together. More than anything, it is a timely reminder of how we live affects our earth greatly. This is a calling and a challenge everyone to be better stewards to our planet. I cannot say that it deserves a Nobel Peace Prize, but it is an important message. I hope that Al Gore promoting this message does not make this a more divided partisan issue. It would have been nice had a Republican friend or other officials from around the world joined Gore in his message.
March 31, 2014
Undeniably memorable but unmoving.
March 30, 2014
I am pretty sure we are all going to die...,