An Inconvenient Truth Reviews

• Sep 30, 2019

Horrible propaganda that reminds me of a Nazi propaganda machine of the 1930s.

Horrible propaganda that reminds me of a Nazi propaganda machine of the 1930s.

• Sep 09, 2019

More like inconvenient facts getting in the way of an agenda, so just remove or twist them.

• Jun 11, 2019

True facts, we need to change our ways. I've learned a lot from this.

True facts, we need to change our ways. I've learned a lot from this.

• Jan 25, 2019

How many of you suckers got conned by this movie? Fess up suckers

How many of you suckers got conned by this movie? Fess up suckers

• Jan 13, 2019

Would have been better without the exaggerations and Gore's ego.

Would have been better without the exaggerations and Gore's ego.

• Jan 07, 2019

Very impressive...I don't know how anyone could deny the science behind this documentary. I don't have to be a scientist to know we have Global Warming issues...I just have to step outside!

• Sep 06, 2018

Puntaje Original: 6.5 Mensaje abrumador pero necesario, la verdad siempre incomoda, pero es peor desconocerla e imposibilitarnos de tomar acciones.

• Aug 16, 2018

Eye opening and jaw droppingly fascinating.

Eye opening and jaw droppingly fascinating.

• Jun 10, 2018

The Pressing Truth The film, An Inconvenient Truth, highlights the need for environmental consciousness. As natural disasters continue to strengthen and increase in numbers around the world, more and more people are becoming refugees of climate change. Under the United States, current administration political propaganda litters news and social media outlets downplaying or flat out denying that climate change is real. For this reason, filmmakers, scientists, and the public have to do the governments job and educate citizens on the severity of global warming and inspire change. Gore resembles a witty college professor giving a humorous lecture, which makes rather dull data entertaining and exciting. He starts off by showing beautiful pictures of earth taken from space. He does this to serve as a reminder that we are a small blue dot in a vast universe and that there is only one place we can call home. Soft music plays in the background, and you feel humbled by the seen portrayed across the projection screen. You can hear the audience in the background ooh and ahh over the images being shown. One exceptional seen is when Gore shows the current CO2 levels and illustrates how CO2 emissions and global temperature will continue to grow in the next 50 years if nothing is done to reduce human activity. To show the severity of the situation Gore gets on a lifting mechanism that allows him to follow the increasing CO2 levels high into the air as the graphs projections grow higher until eventually, levels are as Gore says "off the charts." His execution of this stunt is charming and comical, and you can hear the audience laughter as he continues with his explanation. However, the dramatics of this scene makes you feel the seriousness of the issue and forces you to think about what it means to have CO2 emissions get so high that they are no longer measurable by current projections. The film also provides an eerie glimpse into humanities dark future filled with intensified natural disasters. In between explaining the science behind global warming Gore recaps deadly hurricane seasons and heat waves. When he shows images of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, you feel for the people who live through that nightmare. When he speaks of massive death throughout Europe during intense heat waves, you feel empathy for families who suffered, and you feel guilty that your actions are a contributing factor in creating these devastating disasters. This film was necessary, educational and drove home the need for change. Gore played his role as messenger well and managed to explain complicated information in an entertaining and charming manner. Since this film was made in 2006, people from all over the world have watched this documentary in efforts to understand global warming and as a duty to society. The film does not tell you everything you need to know about climate change and greenhouse gas emissions; however, this film does provide you with a good start. The documentary was well edited and was timed appropriately, which gives you 1hour and 58 minutes of facts and entertainment. Overall, this is a well-made film that will help you gain an understanding of the issue at hand and will inspire you to make necessary changes to save our beautiful blue planet.

• Jun 09, 2018

If you can ignore the constant copyright protection, you can learn a lot from a lecture presented by the inspiring Al Gore.