The Incredibles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredibles Reviews

May 16, 2018
An absolutely awesome movie...one of my favorites. The best Fantastic Four movie.
May 11, 2018
Not only one of Pixar's best films but probably next to "The Dark Knight Returns" as the best film in the superhero genre. The voice cast is superb across the board, with Craig T. Nelson & Holly Hunter perfectly cast as Mr. Incredible & Elastigirl, superheroes who have made the transition to married life and parenthood. Of course, Samuel L. Jackson is the coolest character in the movie as Frozen, while Brad Bird steals the shows as Eda Mole, the fashion designer of the superheroes. Behind the camera, writer/director Brad Bird balances the super & the mundane, whether depicting superheroes fighting amongst themselves or doing household chores (it is helpful when vacuuming to have a super-strong spouse around to life the furniture). That's not to say this isn't a first rate superhero, with a fantastic villain in Syndrome, some fantastic action (the final battle with the giant robot is a classic), and great homages to classic comic books. A perfect film from beginning to end.
½ May 9, 2018
I like the island sequences and the funny stuff.

Let's hope the sequel will be good.
May 5, 2018
Hilarious, and action packed
½ April 28, 2018
This film, the incredible, is directed by Brad bird. It's an animated movie with action. The main characters are Robert "bob" parr (Mr. incredible), Helene Parr (elastigirl), violet Parr, dash Parr, jack-jack Parr, and Their main allies are Edna mode and frozon, their main enemy is syndrome.
The film is about family life, not always easy to live with, especially when it's super family.
This filmm take place in Metroville, in the Parr's house and in an unknown island. The time of the movie is retro-futuristic, in a suburban life.
Bob Parr and his wife, Helen Parr are the world's greatest famous superheroes in Metroville. But fifteen years later, they have been forced to adopt civilian identities and retreat to that suburb where they have no choice but to retire as superheroes to live a "normal life", with their three children Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack. They were secretly born with super powers. Itching to get back into action, Bob gets his chance when a mysterious communication summons him to a remote island for a top secret assignment. He soon discovers that it will take a super family effort to rescue the world from the total destruction, caused by Syndrome.
The plot seems very gripping, unpredictable and full of action.
The special effects are achieved and inventive thanks to a lot of imagination on the part of the directors.
The billing of this film is really colored, gripping, and incredible.
This film is really full of energy, action but also funny and moving. The characters are very endearing and colorful.
The script is full of twists and suspense. The dialogues are funny and powerful. The script doesn't look the easy way out.
Generally, I find this film very entertaining. I recommend this film to anyone who loves action and superheroes. A good entertainment to whole the family.
April 25, 2018
"The Incredibles" good animated film, great screenplay, charismatic characters and interesting villains, perhaps one of the movie's most consistently superhero movies. Set in the 60's, we see the stories of rise and fall of a group of superheroes, saving the world to their daily lives. With incredibly beautiful computer animation for the standards of the time, the incredible was the longest computer-generated animation until its release, plus a good rhythm, and a magnificent soundtrack that brings us to a mix of Batman and Superman, a soundtrack that screams "THIS IS A SUPER-HEROI MOVIE". We have a great construction of characters, characters that are broken several times, that reflect, give up and try, involved in family dramas and search for self-knowledge, the film talks about the nature of man to seek a meaning to his life. It's a very good movie, with dialogues, script, characters and technically high level.
April 20, 2018
The Incredibles has its problems such as slow pace in the overly serious first half and an ending which calls for a sequel a bit too much, but its themes are well explored, the plot is pretty good and the animation is admirable for its time, though it did not age as well as some of its contemporaries. The action scenes are thrilling in execution, the dialogue and humor are both clever and very strong and the characters are all superbly developed and most are terrific. The highlights here are the wonderful family dynamics between the Parr family. Consequently, it's one of the better Pixar films, but not one of the best.
½ April 15, 2018
Smart, funny and full of action, The Incredibles adds a fresh entry to the superhero genre.
½ April 12, 2018
effective and well thought-out animation, distilling the notion of a super-powered family. it's quirky but warmly humane.
April 7, 2018
One of the most amazing animations of all time, as well as one of the best superhero movies of all time. The Incredibles is such a fun movie to watch for all ages, not just kids. The storyline is great, as are the characters and the movie is both funny as well as emotional. It's everything a superhero film should be, and I'm sure the upcoming and highly anticipated sequel will be just as good.
½ April 6, 2018
yeah its preety good
½ April 4, 2018
It's an uniquely original premise but, I'm sorry, I just didn't find the story to be engaging, interesting or well-developed, especially, for Disney Pixar who usually does better than whatever they tried to do with this.
½ April 2, 2018
Brilliant disney movie, wonderfully animated and very funny. Shame its been such a long wait for a sequel.
April 1, 2018
The Incredibles (in my opinion) is pixar at its best complete with a compelling narrative and its cast of likable characters
April 1, 2018
A self-aware masterpiece, Pixar has cemented itself as the top contender in animated films.
March 29, 2018
Great movie! Super excited for the sequel!
½ March 27, 2018
A cartoon superhero film that is exciting, fun and brilliant. "The Incredibles" offers a talented cast, amazing visuals and an intriguing story. Everything you want in a Pixar film.
½ March 20, 2018
OMG I LOVE THIS FILM. Great kids film, has a super cool plot, kid friendly jokes, funny characters & good graphics. Definitely one of my top 10 favorite films. With that said, I thought it was nowhere near as good as Monsters Inc, Toy Story or Nemo. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
½ March 19, 2018
A family man finds interest in another woman as his wife and children sneak into a volcano. A black man searches for his suit, and asks his wife for the location of his suit
March 17, 2018