The Incredibles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredibles Reviews

½ September 23, 2018
An original take on the superhero arc. It was entertaining to see superheroes trying their best to suppress their superpowers. Elastigirl's character especially stood out as a mother who is trying her best to raise their children in an environment where they should conceal their true self and confronting her husband who is stuck in the golden age. This movie just have it all, including iconic dialogues.
½ September 13, 2018
Il divertimento per grandi e piccoli è assicurato dall'inizio alla fine come ogni altro film d'animazione della Pixar. Il tocco emotivo e personale della casa di produzione però manca, un aspetto che caratterizza gran parte della loro fantastica filmografia. La storia generale resta comunque molto convincente ed originale, con grandi personaggi che non vedo l'ora di rivedere presto al cinema.
September 7, 2018
The Incredables is a awsome movie, on thing is that i just need to watch it again because its awesome.
½ September 3, 2018
The Incredibles could be one of the best, most engaging animated film that has been ever produced. After re-watching it (again) recently I seem to have noticed that the film is just a complete masterpiece. The story of the film is compelling and captivating, and the storyline is a very unique and interesting idea that perhaps done something new with superhero movies, with the new idea of having superheroes banned, this has created a very extraordinary plot with new elements. Because of the condition in superhero work, the work of the protagonist had to be undisclosed to the public which also created the conflict of familial issues, such as the miscommunication between him and his family. Because of this the film wasn't only a superhero movie, it was a touching, family film where the characters eventually reach a consensus and become a functional family to defeat the villain. Each of the characters have story arcs and character growth which was very satisfying to watch as they all reached a unifying idea and perspective of the world from the experience, this was made especially well from the story telling method and how we are able to see multiple events happening at the same time from different character's perspective. However, in the very end the family comes together and completes their story arc.

As for the villain of the film, Syndrome posed as a very intimidating and spine-chilling villain, he was relatable and understandable. His character origins were blended into the film very well and the twist villain that Syndrome was the boy Bob met so long ago was unexpected and surprising. When we see the villain we understand his actions and almost persuades the audience to his side, which was a great job from the writers and Lee. Overall, the film has ben very entertaining, albeit disguised as a superhero movie, the context behind their actions about the familial conflicts and compelling moral made the movie have depth.
August 30, 2018
Best animated superhero movie ever along with Incredibles 2 and one of my favorite disney and superhero movies ever. Brad Bird's writing and direction were spectacular. The humor and comedy were hilarious. The animation was gorgeous. The voice acting was stupendous especially Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Sarah Vowell, Jason Lee, Spencer Fox, Brad Bird, Elizabeth Peña, Samuel L. Jackson, Bud Luckey, Wallace Shawn, and Michael Bird. The soundtrack was also fantastic. A+.
½ August 25, 2018
I have mixed thoughts about this one, it was good at some points and bland at others. That's why I'm giving it 3 stars and a half
August 17, 2018
The best of the best. A wonderful satire on the life of superheroes. If by some miracle you have not watched, do not read the reviews and go to watch.
August 16, 2018
animated superheroes, another one of pixar's best
½ August 15, 2018
The Incredibles is a great animated film animated and written by Brad Bird. It's a good and exciting story about a family of superheroes trying to save the day with a lot of comedy involved. It's tense, exciting, mysterious and funny. It's something a lot of audiences can definitely enjoy. Brad Bird does an amazing job animating the film and he wrote a great oscar nominated screenplay. Even though it's not the best film that Disney and Pixar have created, it's still fun to watch and is good family friendly entertainment.
August 14, 2018
I watched this again before the sequel and man does it hold up completely! Besides great animation, it's arguably one of the best "superhero stories" ever told on film. This is what an "origin film" for a superhero (group) should be like.
August 14, 2018
The Incredibles is one of the fastest movies that got into my heart, from the first time I watched it and I couldn't!
It's really a new way to tell a story about some retired superheroes and how they love and live their private lives, with and without being a superhero.
I found this movie a piece of art when I grew up and watched it again and again and again, and I never got bored of it, everytime I watched it, it was like the first I do! It's somehow not easy to find some movies like this, entertaining, enjoyable, funny, colorful, heroic, family, animated, charismatic and incredible!
I wondered "how can they create such a movie like that?!"
So I watched it with my entire focus, trying to find a problem or a mistake, but I didn't find anything but awesomeness!
I'm glad and proud to be living in a world that this movie exists in it!
With no dout I'm gonna give this movie 5/5, but in my heart it's way more than 5 stars!
August 11, 2018
Watched it at least 8 times and every time it's still amazing like the first
½ August 3, 2018
Fun! Not my favourite animated film ever, but fun.
August 2, 2018
I just love it that Pixar made theirselves a superhero team
July 29, 2018
its great family drama disguisted as a superhero movie
July 26, 2018
a classic i always watch these films when im bored
July 23, 2018
Una de las mejores peliculas EVER, al que no le guste que se busque una vida y se suicide xD .. Jack Jack es the best <3
½ July 23, 2018
The Incredibles 1: The Incredibly Fantastic Precursor to Incredibles 2
What was prolific about the year 2004? To start with, the Kardashians had not yet hit the entertainment scene, Batman was simply Batman not Ninja Batman and had probably not met Scooby Dooby Doo yet. It is also the same year that the "Incredibles" superhero family hit the silver screens. The family is composed of four members; a couple and their two school going children and a yet-to-be awoken toddler. What is most interesting about the film is how the director who also happens to have been the writer blends the concept of family with tights wearing personalities.
The film begins with an introductory scene of a younger Mr. Incredible playing the beloved though careless hero, combating evil. As far as accidents go, for one person saved there are a couple of individuals who end up hurt. He is just one unlucky individual. His heroic exploits result in numerous court appearances with him as the defendant. In one instance, he saves a man from committing suicide, only for the suicidal individual to sue for injuries sustained during the rescue mission. In another he stops a train that had derailed only for all the passengers to suffer and sue for various "serious" injuries incurred during the stop. The sad occurrences in the form of accidents and the like result in an acrimonious relationship between him and the people; and crooks looking for a payout take advantage of such to launch suits against Mr. Incredible and other superheroes.
In the end all superheroes are forced to stop their heroics and settle for normal lives. Fifteen years an all grown Mr. Incredible is married to a heroine, Elastigirl (elastic powers). They assume the names Bob Parr and Helen Traux as they fit their normal lives. He takes up a job as a "fair" insurance adjuster who is always in his boss' crosshairs for not pushing the clients enough. In despair he cries, "They keep finding new ways to celebrate mediocrity. Their children are true scions of the supernatural bloods. Dylan, their son has super speed but cannot use it in school because he would not be 'normal'. Their daughter Violet is able to shrink, turn invisible and channel bubbles of force fields. It is in the fifteenth year that Mr. Incredible starts playing hero in secret with his old-time hero friend ice-blasting Frozone. Their hidden antics are revealed when they take up a challenge to save an island from robots, a ruse planned by his former charge, Buddy Pine known as Syndrome. After Mr. Incredible is captured it is left to his family to come to the rescue.
Helen a micromanager of sorts decides to go save her husband, with the kids out of the picture. She gets a plane to the island, but with a shocker awaiting her. The kids got wind of her plane and stowed on the plane. Syndrome also gets wind of the plane's arrival and sends robot to destroy it which they do successfully. This episode marks the first family team effort. Violet uses her force-field bubbles to protect her family from the impact of the destroyed plane. Dylan uses his super-speed to get the family to the island unnoticed. Meanwhile, Syndrome loses control of his main robot, omnidroid which he leaves to fight the family. Through wit, The Incredibles manage to beat the omnidroid through making it tear itself apart. Syndrome, having lost his powers attempts to kidnap Jack-Jack, the Parr's toddler in order to raise him as his own charge/sidekick. The plan fails miserably after Jack-jack transforms into lead, fire then a monster, managing to destroy Syndrome's escape ship, which leads to his death too.
Pixar animation Studios has made its mark in computer generated animation movies techniques. The Toy Story series are proof enough of this. In the area of visual effects, Pixar performed extremely well in the creation of the Incredibles. The visual effects add up to the fun of the character personas. If it's not the explosions then it's the slips and the warped No apparent mistakes as one would expect of a most pre-2008 animation movies. In creating this film they manage to set the whole story on a whole different sector in terms of color, liveliness and natural integration.
Brad Bird deserves an applause for the film. It would be hard to tell in which area he deserves more applause for between the writing and the directing. The voice artists also do a good job considering that most of them were relatively unknown and new to the major film voice acting scene. The three most renowned voices are those of Craig Nelson for Mr. incredible, Holly Hunter for Elastigirl, and Samuel Jackson for Frozone.
Watching the movie, I found Frozone to be the most impressive even though he plays a small role in the whole plot. Considering the voice behind Frozone, the character is quite funny too, trying to be domineering without being domineering. As sum total the movie is worth every minute of its screen play. With its sequel already showing, there is no doubt that with the same stance, it is likely to perform well at the box office. Not watched the original Incredibles? Get it before watching the sequel and do not ask how they came into being. We don't know either.
July 23, 2018
The best Pixar movie ever made. Period.
½ July 22, 2018
Una historia muy madura es el concepto que pixar experimenta de manera increíble,generando uno de los mejores desarrollos de personajes del cine animado de disney,Los increíbles maneja una estética muy seria y cero infantil que logra cautivar a cualquier publico.