The Incredibles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredibles Reviews

October 26, 2017
Awesome Disney/Pixar superhero movie of all time, I really love this movie so much
October 20, 2017
An engaging film with a great villain (props to Pixar for covering up the genocide for the younger viewers), "The Incredibles" is like The Fantastic Four ft. Quicksilver. Definitely a film that deserved a trilogy much more than "Cars".
½ October 18, 2017
Utterly brilliant, even if the subtext seems a bit muddled
½ October 14, 2017
One of the best cartoons ever
October 11, 2017
For some reason I wasn't
as impressed as I was with some of pixar's other movies.
October 7, 2017
You know you could take this as a superhero movie and when you watch it then you can figure out which superpower you would like to have. And all so when you watch the movie you could decide which team you're on who will win! Find out
October 5, 2017
Fantastic movie. The balance between the human and super side of the characters is perfected through each and every scene. I love the characters, the animation, and I love Edna. Best movie ever.
September 26, 2017
viewed on 13/11/2004 (Sat)

This is my first midnight show since ... gee, I don't even know when.

Watched it at GV Marina and quite a letdown, the crowd was not that big and for shows like this, the more the merrier!

The Incredibles, after FINDING NEMO, never lets us down again. It is impossible to dislike this movie. The characters are so cute! I like Edna Mode who is voiced by the director himself. I like Dash, he is the kind of son I will like to have, active and cheeky.

There are some parts very very funny. The ElastiGirl gets caught with the closing doors and she has to stretch and stretch herself. Whenever Edna Mode appears, I will smile alot. She has very short legs and when she walks, her legs will move very fast. Haaa... like my dog, Brownie. There is a part when she explains why having a cape is dangerous as we see how some superheroes are killed when their cape gets caught in this and that.

Ok, some of the things I want to bitcH about. First of all, I am not convinced by the turn of events when all superheroes are banned from using their super powers and have to resume identities as common people.

Also, I find that the cartoon should take itself less seriously and have more more fun. Ok, the villian can be funnier and the killing machines less scary. Maybe I need to change my mindset. Animated films need room to grow up too but still I hope too see more of films like Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. An action-packed cartoon is still kind of like killing the child in me. I want to giggle silly like a schoolboy again.

Well is that going to mar my impression of the movie? Nah, I can still live with my gripes. I enjoy it! It has some thought-provoking parts on the plight of under-appreciated superheroes.

Will it win Oscar for animation? I sure hope too. Like I said about FINDING NEMO, a nomination is a lock so the question is will it win? I bet it will!

Rating: B+
Expected Rating: A
September 25, 2017
The Incredibles is a masterpiece.
September 23, 2017
The incredibles is a family fun and action packed. With its deeply subtle subtext and exposition with adult themes the Incredibles lives up to its name. An underrated Disney classic masterpiece.
½ September 15, 2017
Awesome movie! Great feeling of family. One of many classic Disney movies. I highly recommend it!
August 29, 2017
As Pixar grows into the difficult task of capturing audiences with new stories, I thought it was time to revisit this film. The Incredibles came along at a time when a film like this was a breath of fresh air and it was a new perspective. Since then Deadpool has come along and a film like Logan has matured the comic book genre, this film filled a hole in the genre. The film is clever and has what the Fantastic Four film franchise can't figure out, heart. The family dynamic is the core of the film and it sticks to this throughout, you never feel the filmmakers are going to twist the story in a dark direction. I think the film should've stayed a one film only but the success has another film coming in 2018, time will tell if they can recapture the magic. This is a great family film that doesn't rob the audience and is still worth watching in this comic obsessed cinema world. 29-08-2017.
August 24, 2017
An all time favorite
August 17, 2017
who says there isn't a good fantastic four movie?
August 15, 2017
The Incredibles is the pinnacle of superhero animation. Not to mention this is my favourite Pixar animation, this is also my favourite superhero film. A genre that is ridiculously exhausted now, The Incredibles took superheroes and made them relatable, human...and damn likeable. They are just like us, with families and a desire to do good in the world. Sure they have powers that neither me, you or the pet cat have, but it was refreshing to watch the day-to-day lives of a super heroic family. The family we follow is the Parr family, in particular the focus is on Mr Incredible. Washed up, old and trying to earn a living, he desires to be the famed superhero that he once was. Where to begin with this? Outstanding animation, perfect voice casting, memorable characters, inventive plot and one of the most quotable scripts of all time. There is no way anyone can hate on this film, no way. Every character is superb, from the charming Parr family to the villainous Syndrome (who by the way, is your biggest fan...). But the champion is the one, the only...Edna Mode. Every scene with her, is comedic genius. Where her spinoff film? I would pay top dollar to see that! The script is phenomenally quotable and plagued with famous scenes. "Where's my super suit!?", "No capes!!", "Go home buddy, I work alone." and a personal favourite "Coincidence? I think NOT!". Consistently funny, witty and charming, you don't get scripts like these in every family film. The plot was engrossing with no pointless scenes, the pacing was rapid and builds up to the final battle sequence. The superpowers were creative, heck even the baby has some damn awesome superpowers. A baby!? When was the last time you saw that in a film? Oh and Samuel L Jackson was perfect voice casting for Frozone, without a doubt. In my opinion, drum roll please, Pixar haven't exceeded with an animation since The Incredibles. This being one of my favourite films of all time, this is a super duper ridiculously easy perfect rating. Where's my sequel? I need it now.
August 3, 2017
Brad Bird strikes again with a fantastic animated superhero movie that rightfully deserves the title of being labeled incredible. I can't wait for The Incredibles 2 to come out next year!
½ July 30, 2017
Action-packed, stylish and well-written, Pixar's homage-filled superhero caper is fun, different, and relatable.
July 23, 2017
Pixar does a wonderful job.
½ July 20, 2017
Brad Bird crafts an unlikely superhero adventure that fires on all cylinders and is incredible.
July 13, 2017
One of Pixar's best efforts due to its well-written story, action, wit and great characters.